a curious jackson here for $129.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a curious jackson here for $129.....

quite worn....scarf neck........dots.......dark blue.......Floyd type.......black Jackson reverse headstock.......no model id or country........the neck plate......has 3 zeros and then 10502 .......plain black plate......numbers are on the lower third of the plate.....sort of faint.....[not deep].......no 'Jackson' on the plate.....anyone have a clue as to what this axe is....?!......jim
    Last edited by woodstock1; 06-28-2016, 04:49 PM.

Originally posted by woodstock1 View Post
    ........dots.......
    .................dots indeed.................

Posting some photos would really help with identification. You didn't even describe the body shape, hardware, etc.

Comment

6 digit serial beginning with 00? You'd better post a pic.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

.....tomorrow I will include more info.......the seller is a bit daft....has a shop....not easy to talk to.....much less doing pics there- he would double the price.......anyway, I recall the plate was old and black....Floyd was black.......standard strato shape......side jack.....no guard....sharp rims......I only glanced at it.......neck back was never cleared......well-used......
        Last edited by woodstock1; 06-28-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Problem with not posting a pic is that there a million mutts out there. In other words, a lot of guitars with swapped necks, hardware etc....It could be a mish-mash of different models...or, possibly not a Jackson at all.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Check to make sure how many digits the serial has.

Comment

Double-check that it's not really 7 digits in the serial (three zeroes and 4 non-zeroes).

Sounds a lot like my DX-7, except for the Floyd, dots (I got fins), and the numbers are towards the bottom of the non-logoed plate.

I'll say it's one of those Floyded JS models.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

well- here goes>>>>>>>>>>serial number is 00010502.........plate is black......numbers are a third of the way up......plate screws have no burrs- I assume neck was never off...24 frets.......tremolo is black, but not marked....original sunken rout behind....pickups- SSH....also unmarked......plate jack is football-shape and black...tuners are black jacksons........neck was factory-cleared, but lots of wear in spots..........2 chrome barrel knobs.......yeah, I realize that pics are best.....but the owner is daft.....I hate to see the axe go to a chap who would treat it bad......thanks for any help....jim
                Last edited by woodstock1; 06-28-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

on ebay now- florida seller has a similar blue axe with 8 numbers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"goldenconnection"- seller.........auction # 391440977234...............

Comment

Well, the 6 digit number is now 8 digits. All I can tell you is the serial indicates made in India in 2000. Black hardware with chrome knobs suggests either the chrome or the black are original. Probably the black.

I cant find the ebay auction. Assuming it is a 2000 Indian model, $129 is about all it's worth in my opinion. Indian models were the lowest level at that time.

I see nothing in the catalogues matching your description and I won't bother guessing what it is since there were a lot of dealer exclusive models at that time that don't appear in any catalogues.

I'd tell the seller to jump off a bridge if he's not interested in helping you to identify a guitar he wants to sell. He's an asshole as far as I'm concerned and he may be trying to hide something.

Comment

The eBay auction shows a Dinky with a 24 fret reverse headstock neck with wide dots, HSS config with a JT-500 trem.
                      -Rick

Comment

...thanks, y'all for the Sherlock Holmes observations....I now know a lot more about jacksons.....and realize that the blue one is no bargain......!......

Comment

Working...
                        X