Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD Jackson Professional Stealth HX (Japan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jackson Professional Stealth HX (Japan)

Hello folks!

I thought I'd share my joyful NGD with y'all

Black, 3 Humbucker, hardtail string-thru-body, Jackson Professional Stealth HX.
    Japanese made and still has got that sticker saying it.

Sounds terrific, a big plus, as I was expecting poor sounding pickups, but they sound fantastic in all the 5 positions.
    Needs some fret work as there is the odd high/tall fret, causing some localized buzzing. Nothing to worry about as it's an easy fix.

For those interested in tracking/historical data, its serial number is 9421423
    Cheers!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Very nice! You don't see too many Stealth HX models floating around. I can only recall one other member here with one.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice stuff. Big fan of string thrus here.

Aside from the '93-'94 Concepts, that's the first I recall seeing a 7 digit Japanese serial beginning with 94 on a non-Concept. Found at least one other HX with a 7 digit 94 online, so it seems some HX's will join the Concepts in the 94xxxxx category.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think the HX series was only made in '94. At least my Dinky HX was, serial 9417340.

Comment

Made from '93-'95, actually. Even found one online from '92...late '92 no doubt.
          Serial formats are all over the place on that model. Found a 2xxxxx and 93xxxx using the usual pre-'96, 6 digit format. Now this 7 digit 94xxxxx.
          Be interesting to see what the '95's used. A 7 digit 95xxxxx would just look odd.

Probably the usual 5xxxxx.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Well, the Dinky HX was confirmed by Kevin Easton when he was at Jackson, that only about 100 were made and only in '94.

Comment

Wow, that's weird. Those serials I mentioned earlier date as early as '92 and both the '93 and '94-5 catalogues show the HX. :dunno:

Comment

The Stealth HX or the Dinky HX? The Dinky HX was not ever shown in any catalog.

The Stealth HX is the 3-pickup model with string-thru TOM in the original post.

The Dinky HX has 2 pickups and string-thru TOM.
                DinkyHX.jpg

So I guess the Stealth HX had been around for a couple years, and the Dinky HX for only one year.

Comment

Guess I wasn't paying attention. I didn't notice you owned the Dinky, not the Stealth.
                  Yeah, the Stealth HX was around for a bit. The Dinky HX, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    The Dinky HX has 2 pickups and string-thru TOM.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8939[/ATTACH]
                    I love that guitar
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

The happy couple :-)

Comment

They look great together!

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                          I love that guitar
                          Thanks. It doesn't get played much these days since I prefer thicker neck profiles.

Comment

I have a black Stealth HX. Serial # 210233. Love the guitar but the neck makes my hand cramp if I play it for an extended amount of time. Thinnest neck I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by palerider View Post
                              i have a black stealth hx. Serial # 210233. Love the guitar but the neck makes my hand cramp if i play it for an extended amount of time. Thinnest neck i've ever seen.
                              no pics, no guitar :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X