Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Owners That have swapped out the stock JT580 for an Original Floyd Rose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SylentCommando View Post
    I like the Jackson trems. They get trashed because people adjust the string height with the string under tension and wreck the knife edges. I just scored a 1998 DK2, with case for $200.
    True. I bought my DR5 new in '97, and the JT580 is like new and working perfectly. I don't like the JT580LP, but the 580 is ok for me.

Comment

The JT series bridges weren't that bad. the metal was still softer than a german floyd/schaller but they were far better than the ones you'll see on the Jacksons of today. pretty much like a floyd rose special. unless you are lucky enough to have a Takeuchi labeled one. these were really well made in Japan but these vanished really fast and the modern JT series took over.

so if it says Takeuchi don't just throw it out, these are good and pretty rare.

here is the Takeuchi JT580

Last edited by AAEA; 04-14-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

The DK2 I just got has the Takeuchi Tremolo. It is mint condition no rust, it has been well taken care of.

Comment

Trying to wake up an old one!

I had an OFR put on my Eerie Dess. Bought it used but overall really great condition.

I did like the JT580LP, but some point it was needing some saddles, saddle screws, and locknut screws.

[ ETA ]
          The Eerie Dess was used, the OFR was Brand New In Box.
          As I reread my post, it isn't clear that the Eerie was used, but the OFR was New.
          Sorry about that.
          Last edited by JJ119; 12-11-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Another option is the Gotoh Floyd Rose. I put those in my MIJ DK2M and DXMG. It required squaring off of the treble side of the front of the bridge route, but that's pretty easy to do cleanly. Otherwise the corner of the base plate would rub. Also swapped out the string lock screws for OFR ones, as the Gotoh's are longer. Can confirm, that an OFR would fit fine.

Comment

Working...
            X