• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD SlSMG

0428xx

and group shot

Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

oh yeah, previous owner put EMG JH pups in it. not sure the year, but its pre battery cover, so it must of had EMG HZs in it..
    amazing player, IMHO underrated

Comment

Quite a collection. Congrats.

Comment

Very cool!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Aside from what appears to be an unusually placed control below the volume knob, I think I see a DKMG with a lightning sky graphic?

Congrats on the SLSMG. It's a 2004 in case you didn't know.
          Last edited by Mudlark; 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Aside from what appears to be an unusually placed control below the volume knob, I think I see a DKMG with a lightning sky graphic?

Congrats on the SLSMG. It's a 2004 in case you didn't know.
            Thanks! I was hoping you’d put a date on it

Yeah, its a 2005 DKMG. not an original finish, I did the base and clear coats, a buddy of mine did the airbrush, swapped the blade for a toggle and put a floyd special on it.
            she plays awesome, I don't like rev headstocks though
            Last edited by LaoWai; 03-28-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Very nice. I've been itching to get one myself. I'm aware of the difference in the pickups (HZs vs active EMGs) between the earlier and later generations. Were there any other differences? I want to say I remember the later ones maybe having locking (Grover?) tuners?

What about the finishes? I definitely see a lot more with gloss black than satin black and I definitely prefer the latter. I remember one of the "new kid on the block" auction sites had a ton of unused stock or something of the earlier HZ loaded generation that they offloaded for pretty cheap.

Comment

I have a 2011 model DKMGT. Just the usual Jackson tuners. Aside from the HZ pups, the 3rd knob and boost feature were lost during the 2006 upgrade to real EMGs.

I had a lightning sky graphic added recently as well. Also, mine used to be satin black. Truthfully, I think your LS looks more like the authentic Dan Lawrence graphic seen on USA Jacksons.

[IMG][/IMG]

This guitar holds it own quite easily with my USA Soloist.
                They were listed as basswood their first year (2002), but alder from '03-'11. Considering the number of errors in those catalogues I couldn't say if basswood is accurate.
                Last edited by Mudlark; 03-29-2016, 01:44 AM.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X