Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identifying specs from this jackson warrior

Hi everibody there,
    I wanted to buy a Jackson Warrior black guitar with trem and Ducan designed pick ups I' ve just seen in some second hand store in Paris. They are selling it for a very cheap price, the serial number is # 9826468 and on the sticker on the neck there is a "made in Japan"
    I think it's a Jackson WRXT but i'm not a 100% sure and I wanted to know witch kind of wood the body of this axe is made of ? Alder or Basswood ! ... ^^
    Thank you in advance for the help that you can bring me !!!
    Franck

Sounds like an WRXT, but post a pic if you're not sure.

That number indicates 2008, but I've seen some 2005s with a 98xxxxx number( a misprinted 97xxxxx I assume, since 9800000 doesn't start until 2007ish. Removing the neck and checking the date stamps is the only way to be 100% sure.

The catalogues list Alder for 2003. The next catalogue showing the WRXT is 2006, which lists Basswood.
    Catalogues contain errors, but I believe they switched to Basswood from '06 onwards.

A 2005 may be Alder, though.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks Mudlark for quick response
      I am really bored because I have no means to check infos on the exact year of production of this model given that the guitar being in a shop I can't remove the neck like if I was home! So impossible to know if it's a 2005 or 2008 model!!! :/

Comment

sorry for the very poor quality of the pics!

Comment

I'd say there's a 95% chance it's 2008ish. Those 98 serials on 2005 models are pretty rare in my experience.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
          X