Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAD$100 for a Jackson JS1R - Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD$100 for a Jackson JS1R - Yay or nay?

Found what I think is a Jackson JS1R on a local classifieds website. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

Seller confirms the whammy bar is available, but no case. He'll also throw in a stand; lord forbid I have enough stands, but I'll take it if he really doesn't want it.

Seller confirms condition is practically new.

Other than the seller living about an hour away, any reason NOT to buy it for $100 or possibly less if he's open to negotiation? I've never played a JS Series before. My hunch is that the parts may be worth more than $100.

Pics below.

Thanks!

If you have the dough, why not? I got a JS30 KV in a trade for a pedal (was looking to get 70$ for that pedal). Not a bad guitar at all and even did a few gigs with it in stock form. Now looking at putting a pair of EMG in it.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Sweet guitar, not original though as it looks like the tuners have been changed possibly to Grovers. Those tuners alone are like $80-100 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by SylentCommando View Post
        Sweet guitar, not original though as it looks like the tuners have been changed possibly to Grovers. Those tuners alone are like $80-100 bucks.
        Grovers are about $60 if they're retail packaged. You can get OEM for $30-40. Personally, I'd rather have Gotohs.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Not sure about the JS1R, but some JS models were MIJ during the early-mid 2000s. 7 digit serial beginning with 9.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'd bail on this and just go for the M4

Comment

I heard back from the seller, who revealed that the guitar was made in India in 2005. The previous owner was a teenage who broke the tuning keys (how the hell...) and so the current owner (seller) replaced them with the Grover-like tuners that we see.

Think I'll pass. I don't really need another guitar but this one did catch my eye for how inexpensive it was, which might have been a good guinea pig for practicing soldering, wiring, setups, and that sort of thing.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Edit: Guitar was made in 2005, not 2015. Sorry for the confusion.
              Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 03-15-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Well, it's not made in 2015 in India, that's for sure.
                2012 was the last year for Indian models. That's a 2012 or older.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sorry for the typo and confusion. I meant to type 2005 but somehow I ended up typing 2015.

Comment

That'd make sense. I believe the full date was displayed on Indian serials at that time. ex: 2005xxxx

Comment

Working...
                    X