Need help to ID this Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to ID this Jackson!

Hi, got a Dinky in a trade, trying to get info about it. Jackson Professional on the headstock, Jackson brand tuners, locking nut, dot inlays (down the center, not offset), 22 frets, S-S-H (no name, plain black with magnets visible), Licensed Under Floyd Rose bridge (low pro?), 1 volume, 1 tone, 5 way switch, bolt on with Jackson plate (no address), serial number on plate is 606260.

I can't remember the model number of that guitar, but the trem is not original, because it doesn't fit the route correctly, and it doesn't have the Jackson logo on it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I may be wrong, but my initial feeling is it's a mutt. Neck was added by a previous owner. I'm stumped on the model.

The Made In Japan sticker is partially visible and the serial indicates 1996.

If no one can ID it you could remove the neck and check for date/model stamps on the neck and pocket, but I can't guarantee you'll find any.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Could be a mutt. The only 22-fret Dinky with dots like that, that I remember now, is the Dinky EX, but that was H/S/H/ and had a pickguard.

The Rhoads Standard, King V Standard, and original KV2 are all Professional models that also had 22-fret dot necks like that.

Comment

Body is consistent with a DX1 of that time frame. (Dinky XL is similar, but it had the cutaway on the lower horn)
          You can see from the position of the saddles on the aftermarket TRS trem, it probably doesn't intonate with that 22 fret neck on it.
          -Rick

Comment

Thanks everyone! I took the neck off and found more of the sticker. it also says KV 2 and 11.13? The body has some smudged numbers i can't make out, other than a potential 666 haha!

Comment

So it's an old KV2 neck on some Dinky body.

Comment

Looks like a mutt, a KV2 neck on one of these Performer bodies:

I can't remember the model number, though. The color's even right.
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

So how is it possible to tell if a body is actually a Jackson body and not something else with Jackson pickups/licensed Floyd?

Comment

A good picture of the back with the cavity cover will tell you if it's a Jackson body.

Comment

Working...
                    X