No announcement yet.

Soloist Pro no sharkfin inlays or pickup rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know the cost difference (if any)of black vs chrome hardware, but I, and many others, find chrome looks cheap. It's just a matter of preference.
    Unfortunately, when only black or only chrome is offered, someone is and someone isn't going to be happy.

edit: Chrome seems to appear on many USA models with a trans finish, but black seems to be more prevalent as a whole.
    Last edited by Mudlark; 06-22-2015, 05:39 PM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The weird thing is the lower import Soloist X line has pickup rings and sharkfin inlays. I'd like to get a Soloist SL2H but in a high quality import version. I mean, ESP does this with their guitars with their high quality import mimicking their handmade line. Usually it's the cheaper imports that have the off specs due to cost and things. Also I think they normally do crappy things on the cheaper imports (i.e. dot inlays) to get you to buy the more expensive guitars to get the better specs (i.e. sharkfin inlays).

Also I like black hardware.

Comment

If you play Ebay it is not hard to snag a minty used USA SL2H for $1000-1200. I have done it many times. I bought my current SL1 for $800 on the bay.
        1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
        2002 Candy Apple Green DK1
        2008 Satin Black SL3
        2011 Charvel Socal Candy Red
        2010 Les Paul Standard Plus Cherry Burst

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

I'll probably look at getting an SLX Soloist as it doesn't look like they'll be changing their Pro's to Sharkfin inlays with pickup rings any time soon.

Probably will change the bridge out to a Gotoh GE1996T Floyd.

I do tend to generally like the higher quality imports better than the "USA", "Japan" etc. guitars for some reason.

Like I find the LTD's to feel/play better than the ESP's for some reason. Big thing I hate on the ESP's is the sharp angled arm cut whereas the LTD's have a smoother arm cut like the Soloist's.

Comment

Working...
          X