Is this Jackson DK2L a fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Jackson DK2L a fake?

Hi everyone. Lurker here. I was browsing ebay earlier when I came across this jackson. http://www.ebay.com./itm/Jackson-DK2...item33a36ccfb8

If you look at the photos of the headstock showing the logo it all looks wrong. The guitar has the correct bridge and pickups though, which is what has left me puzzled. Serial number begins with a 9 like a lot of the Japanese Jacksons.
    Possible neck swap?

Anyway, I'd be interested to see what you all think.

What about it looks wrong to you?
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

The only reason it looks wrong is it's left handed

I have one of these, right handed of course, you can't go wrong. If you want it, get it.

Comment

Looks fine to me. The serial points to '06ish, which would be one of the years the lefty DK2 model was available.
        The logo looks kinda' small in that pic, but it's 100% legit in my opinion.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
          What about it looks wrong to you?
          I thought the headstock looked a little on the larger side with the smaller logo.

Thanks for the help guys. I wasn't interested in buying it, I was just curious about the way it looked.

Comment

Jackson headstocks often look distorted to me in angled photos such as the one provided.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

They probably look a bit unusual because the lefty headstock logo is generally different from the regular headstock and reverse headstock logo in that the "J" in Jackson starts on the thinner end of the headstock so it looks crowded or something?
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

I own the exact same guitar (right handed) and everything looks legit to me. Mine is a 2007 MIJ.

Comment

Working...
                X