Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this 90's Soloist Pro?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Jackson-Soloi...item33a07b00ee
    I've been watching thois guitar but there's a sticker on it 'made in japan' - did jackson put this stickers on soloists during the 90;s?
    serial number, pickups, pots and MOP inlays are like the old soloist.
    I'm looking for this guitar (soloist professional pro) and it's for about 700euro/750$ - is this price ok? another 150-200$ will take to ship this guitar.

cheers

Looks like a Soloist Pro to me. And, yes, Jackson did put Made In Japan stickers on guitars in the '90s.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Clean looking guitar for being 25 years old. And yes, it is a legit Soloist Pro.
      Good price too considering it's condition and location.
      -Rick

Comment

yes early soloist pro (ebony board) looks very clean
        go for it
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

1990 model, first year made.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

i have the same (1990 ) is an amazing guitar

Comment

Everything (pups control layout) says Pro except for pic 2.... If all I had was that shot without being able to see the neck single I'd say XL all day long.

That looks enough like rosewood to me that I'm tempted to say someone dropped different pups in and modded to a 3rd knob.

Great looking either way.

Comment

I've asked about more fretboard photos but theres no reply at the moment. Will see... I would like to get this guitar but guy is a bit weird

Comment

I expect we can rule the Soloist XL out because the serial indicates 1990 and the XL wasn't available until '92 or late '91 at the earliest.
                  Still, you can't be too cautious. The more pics the better.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I would swear the fingerboard is rosewood.
                    Its a soloist professional at least we can surmise that. May not actually be a Pro.
                    This is why you need better pics.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm 99.9% positive an XL only has 2 knobs. That has 3. And it looks like ebony to me. Soloist PRO.
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                        I'm 99.9% positive an XL only has 2 knobs. That has 3. And it looks like ebony to me. Soloist PRO.
                        Youre right on the knobs. The pups scream "pro" and the serial. It's just the wood in the shot of the serial that is throwing me. Pretty brown for Pros at that time and way porous for ebony.

its the 4th pic I'm talking about, not the second as I said in the earlier post. Even if the board were super dry I wouldn't expect it to look quite like that.

Comment

Working...
                        X