Transition guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition guitars

I am not stupid, I know that bolt ons can be swapped and serial plates switched --- and to check the neck pocket (when I get it in my possession).

But the question, before I get it, is it possible for a Jackson Rhoads that looks very much like an RR3 to have a 7 digit serial number that starts with 94?
    Nothing on the headstock (other than the logo) or truss cover.
    It looks like a 580lp (black), and it looks like the route was made for it. Although the studs look like they came from a cheaper model.
    Pickups and wiring has be changed, so that is no help.

Seems unlikely a mid 90's import Rhoads wouldn't say either Concept, Professional or Performer.
    Other than a swap it could be a misprint on the number. I've seen a few examples of 88, 89 and 99 instead of 98 and so on.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      Seems unlikely a mid 90's import Rhoads wouldn't say either Concept, Professional or Performer.
      Other than a swap it could be a misprint on the number. I've seen a few examples of 88, 89 and 99 instead of 98 and so on.
      +1. Here's what I have seen with the stuff I've owned over the years: (1) all my 7 digit MIJ bolt-on numbers start with 96 / 97 / 98 etc., (2) all my 6 digit bolt-on MIJ Professionals with plates (not Kelly or JTX Pro's) have 6 digit numbers and obviously Professional on the headstock, and usually the first digit denotes the year - 501133 was a 95 Dinky XL I used to own for example, (3) way back I had a Concept - it's serial started with a "93" and I think it was a 7 digit serial. Hopefully a current Concept owner can verify this. Oh, and obviously it said Concept on the headstock.
      Hope this helps,
      Mark
      "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Yes, the earliest Concepts were 93xxxxx. Released for Christmas of '93 apparently.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

IIRC, didn't the original 7-digit numbers denote other-than-Japan manufacture?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The mid 90s Korean numbers were 10xxxxx and the mid 90s Taiwanese numbers were 8 digits...6xxxxxxx.
            Originally posted by Newc View Post
            IIRC, didn't the original 7-digit numbers denote other-than-Japan manufacture?

Comment

Working...
            X