DK2M Pro limited edit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M Pro limited edit.

Picked one of these up a month or so back and despite the hit or miss fret quality in this series, I gotta say, they really hit one outta the park on the tone. Not a huge fan of JB's but there's something going on with the tone of this DK2M. It's f*cking sweet. Not sure what to chalk it up to- maple board/neck? Pots/caps? I've A/B-ed it against my Jackson CS Star and frankly, I like the tone of the DK2M better. To be fair, the CS Star is a totally different animal: different construction, different board wood, different p'ups. But no lying, while the playability and quality of the CS are untouchable, if I could swap tones between the two, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I have a white Bengal and yes, I think the maple fret board is part of what makes these special.

Mine has the EMG 81b 85n combo, MIJ with the black sharkies.

So why are you selling it?
    Last edited by DonP; 03-14-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I was going to say that the thread is worthless without pics, but then Don's post pointed me to the one in the classifieds. Great to hear about the tone; I'm tempted by a few of the different finishes in the new 2015 run.
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        I have a white Bengal and yes, I think the maple fret board is part of what makes these special.

Mine has the EMG 81b 85n combo, MIJ with the black sharkies.

So why are you selling it?
        I'd need to do some significant changes to make it a keeper- I don't get along with blade style switches so that would have to come out and a toggle go in, which means the empty slot where the blade used to be and a hole drilled for the toggle. Yuck. The trem is okay but I'm a Floyd snob. It's gotta be an OFR, a Schaller version or the FU Tone upgrade or nuthin'. The trem on there is fine for those who just do the occasional dive bomb or vibrato. I'm a bit more demanding

All that being said, if it doesn't sell, I will pull the trigger and make it mine.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Problem is if you change the switch it may change the tone. Been down that avenue before
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
            X