Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 (DK2M too) questions

Hey guys! Looking to buy a DK2 and customize it with some cool stuff-

Will a DK2 body (The 2008-ish ones, HSS with a trem) fit an Original Floyd Rose?

Can anyone recommend the EMG SA pickup to go with that body ? I'm looking at several options for pickups. EMG's are my favorite (81/60 combo), but I'm not a fan of single coils in general, so I'm not sure what to do!

i Have a DK2M neck i'd like to use for this project . What size Floyd Rose nut do I need for that.. ? I'm having an issue currently due to the nut that is on that neck (not original, it's the one from a DX10D) but the high E is WAY too close to edge of the fretboard while there is plenty of space between the LOW E and the fretboard.

thanks people, will post pictures when it's done !

Hey, ive been wanting to do a hss dinky mated to a dk2m neck. Lucky you. An original floyd will fit the body!
    Gear :
    2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
    2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
    1997 Fender Standard Strat
    2011 Ibanez SR 500
    2013 Peavey Bandit 112
    2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
    1985 Peavey Bandit Solo 65
    Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

If I were you, I would use the nut that came with the neck if you have it. R3 is what you need though
      Gear :
      2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
      2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
      2011 Ibanez SR 500
      2013 Peavey Bandit 112
      2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
      Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

I might be able to retrieve it from the basement of my old house, but I only have the nut part itself. The 3 locking clamps, I had lost, which is why I bought the new nut which doesn't quite fit. though i can't tell if my problem is the fault of the nut, or the OFR's string spacing

Comment

The dx10 probably had an R4 nut. Part of the problem could be in the neck pocket. Between an incorrect nut and neck pocket adjustments you can have that issue
          Gear :
          2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
          2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
          2011 Ibanez SR 500
          2013 Peavey Bandit 112
          2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
          Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

Can you post pics of the string spacing? Top to bottom
            Gear :
            2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
            2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
            2011 Ibanez SR 500
            2013 Peavey Bandit 112
            2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
            Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

Wondering if the spacing is uniform down the whole neck
              Gear :
              2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
              2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
              2011 Ibanez SR 500
              2013 Peavey Bandit 112
              2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
              Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

Originally posted by yostinator View Post
                Wondering if the spacing is uniform down the whole neck
                doubt it is cause i have a dk2m neck with the nut off of my old rhoads on a dk2t body lol. So unless they have the same string spacing. But yea you need a r3 nut. Gonna be a sick guitar when your done though

Comment

Well if the low e isnt too high then you could optionally just shim the high e side. Better to have the right nut, but yeah...

Edit-sorry i thought you meant the high e was close like making the string touch the fretboard and low e having a good amount of height. Didnt realize you meant its offset.
                  Last edited by jdr94; 08-17-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Some of the imports have nut alignment issues. My DXMG does. My DK2M does as well, but not as much as the DXMG. A real floyd rose nut is too tall, as well. These era imports use an oddball R3 nut that isn't as tall. My advice for you is to "convince" the nut to slide over while not tightened all the way. If that doesn't work and you still can't get it aligned you may need to reposition the screw holes that secure the nut.

Another possible issue could be a misaligned neck. You can loosen the neck bolts a bit and make sure it's sitting correctly in the pocket.

Finally, it's not inconceivable that the bridge route may not be centered correctly. I'd think that's pretty unlikely.

Oh, the dx10D should use the same nut as a DK2.

Yes, the original floyd will fit!

Comment

I recently brute-forced a DK2M neck onto an older DK2 Blue/Orange Flames body. I do not recommend it if the finish is important to you. You'll want to widen the pocket or shave the sides of the heel.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

since a dx10d does not have binding the nut may be different. the dk2 does not use a nut based on the floyd rose trems. the correct jackson nut should be a bh43 and you can't buy one new. the screw holes will be off and the nut height will be too if you use a floyd.

Comment

Working...
                        X