No announcement yet.

Jackson Rhoads 2000 vs JS30RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One big determining factor for me is location of input too. I have a bad back, and usually have to play sitting down. I have no issues playing V guitars while sitting, but a lot of Rhoads have the input on the lower fin which is a no go.

Comment

AFAIK only the older JS30RR models have the input in the lower fin. Don't get one. I had a JS30RR and sold it, couldn't bond with it as someone else said. Keeping in mind that it is a very cheap guitar, there was nothing wrong with it but it never felt right to me either. I have played even chaper guitars that felt great (Strat though), so it is not strictly the price point.

If holding a Japanese Jackson (ex: PS-3), and comparing it to an Indian made (JS30RR). What type things are noticeably better in the build quality of the Japanese version?
      I also have a 2008 RR24, MIJ. They were a bit higher spec than the normal line of japanese models. I don't know how they compare with the current lineup and new factories. But to answer your question, everything is better, period. You will know when you look at it and when you hold it in your hands. They are not even remotely close. One is a decent cheap guitar (but there are better vfm). The other is a motherfucking Jackson spaceship. Just my personal opinion.

All that said, I have read that the newer JS32 models are better, but I have no experience with them.

Also look into used RRXTs.

Try before you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
        only the older JS30RR models have the input in the lower fin.
        I've seen some PS-3s, and Concept models that all had the input in the lower fin.

Comment

Avoid those too then

Comment

Working...
          X