NGD: At last, I own a Jackson DK2M........with a twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: At last, I own a Jackson DK2M........with a twist

Had her a little over a week now. Despite being keen to show her off, I haven't been able to put her down to do a post.

I'm in love & I want to marry her, she is the one I have dreamt of all my G-string twanging life.

I can see why you don't want to put it down. Awesome looks and great shape. Congrats!

Comment

Cool guitar. Gotta love the one hum, maple fb, awesome paint job and reverse hs. I wouldn't put it down either.

Comment

Awesome! Sweet looking DK2M.

Comment

Those look great. The matching headstock really adds to the look.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sweet! 2007 Musicians Friend 1H DK2M models. I always liked those. Though, from what I remember reading here, a lot of those had neck heel issues with the high E side being slightly thicker.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It does have a slight E1 string slip but not to the extent of the SDX & I can live with that one, so yeah, it plays so awesome and Ive found a Duncan that I like, it has a Custom in there. That's not the stock p'up, right?

Also, I got the impression the standard DK2Ms had a slightly thicker neck than the DK2 but this one is thinner by a reasonable amount.

Comment

I think the stock was a JB. The one pictured is a Parallel Axis Trembucker model since it's got those parallel poles surrounding the strings... either regular PATB-1, PATB-2 Distortion or PATB-3 Blues Saraceno (or perhaps a Crazy 8). http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...ckers/crazy_8/

You'd have to pull it to see which one it is.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok, cheers. I know nothing about SD, not a fan but this one sounds pretty good.

Comment

damn.. looks incredible
                    GEAR:
                    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                    AMPS:
                    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

That headstock looks tight!

Comment

Very nice!

I've always liked that special run. Welcome to the DK2M club.
                        I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Working...
                        X