NGD: What's this extra string do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: What's this extra string do?

I have finally made it into the world of 7 strings. It's gonna take some getting use to

Yes, I know it's another JS Series but I'm finding them amazing value for so little money. This thing was practically being given away, the store is hoping to switch to ESP.

I cannot find a single flaw, though I'm sure some of you could. It feels so much more comfortable than I'd imagined it would & sounds awesome despite the cheap ass pick ups.

It's not my first choice of finish, frankly, flat black is just shite but it doesn't really bug me on this & I can always refin. I'm happy, that's all that matters, right?

Congrats! Have fun with it. If you like how it plays you can always swap in some better pickups and have it repainted like you said.

Comment

Very nice! I like the look of those. 7-strings are fun.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I really gota get me one of those things some day. A 7 string I mean. I wouldn't spend a lot on my first one either. That looks like a perfect tester to me.......
        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I really need to get most of my axes set up properly by a tech, this one will go to but it's incredible value. I'm struggling to deal with it playing stuff that doesn't use the low B, it really does throw me off but this thing plays super awesome.

Ive had a few recommendations for p'ups but I really like how these things sound so far.

I'd be keen to try out a higher model, if they can make the bottom of the range this good, the others must be superb.

Like all guitars, you'd need to try one out but I can recommend this one.

Comment

Nice score. I've been tempted by a few of the JS models as something to play around with and upgrade. It's nice to hear that they play and sound good.

I've fancied getting into 7-strings as well, but my obsession with maple fretboards has me looking at the DKA7...
            I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

I had the same problem playing my friend's 7 string 15+ years ago. Never played another one if memory serves me. A bit of time and practice should cure that issue.
              Originally posted by Force View Post
              I'm struggling to deal with it playing stuff that doesn't use the low B
              Last edited by Mudlark; 07-18-2014, 08:06 PM.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Cool guitar! CONGRATS!
                DiMarzio Endorsee
                www.dimarzio.com
                Morley Endorsee
                www.morley.com
                "Intelli-Shred" author
                www.myspace.com/intellishred
                NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
                X