Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD! Dan Lawrence Adrenalize Jackson MIJ Dinky arrived!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Dan Lawrence Adrenalize Jackson MIJ Dinky arrived!!!

I sent Dan a MIJ reverse Jackson Dinky and asked for the Def Leppard Adrenalize graphics!!!

Postman dropped this off today and I am totally speechless! So much attention to detail and so bloody 3D as well!

I will assemble the whole guitar this weekend and post more detailed pics!

Huge thanks to Dan for the spectacular work and rest assured i WILL send you more guitars!

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of the guitar.

Comment

looks fantastic! Can hardly tell there is a bridge pickup at all. Dan does amazing work! Yeah, pics whens its complete, definitely!
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Looks awesome Vik - congrats!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Funny how this project means more than so many store bought guitars that I've had !

Comment

One of my favorite Def Lep graphics.
            -Rick

Comment

Very nice can't wait to see it all together! Question: Did you supply the pickup rings/covers (assuming they are not EMG's)?

Comment

No I shipped him a Dinky that had the pickups direct mounted initially so when he received the guitar it had two Dimarzio humbuckers in the box too.

He supplied the covers and rings AND knew enough to drill and mount the neck ring slightly closer to the bridge to compensate in order for the fingerboard to not rub on the ring.

The tolerance with the Dinky humbucker (being direct mounted) was really close to the fingerboard when stock. Have a look at the stock picture below and you'll see what I mean.

Attention to detail is FLAWLESS!!! The entire guitar was painted and then buffed out and its simply to die for!!!

As for what he charges, shoot him an email as i'm sure you'll be very pleased with his rates and his work!

Knowing that HE painted Phil's Adrenalize Dinky some 20 years ago just makes it all the more sweeter to me!

Last edited by vklobucar; 06-16-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Awesome...

Comment

Outstanding, I am beyond jealous.

I remember way back when Adrenalize came out, a magazine (don't remember who, Guitar Player, Metal Hammer ???) had a competition going, they were giving away a Jackson with this graphic. I'm pretty sure it had a maple board with the graphic as fret markers instead of dots. I so wanted to win but it wasn't available to Oz, always the way.

Comment

The original was a standard production Jackson Dinky body (master volume and 5 way only) with a standard reverse headstock maple neck that was altered with eyeball fret markers. The neck was a Dimarzio Evolution and the bridge was Phil's all time fav, the Super 3 to no ones surprise.

The only other mod from stock was that the headstock tip was "rounded" over as in past Jackson's that he had ordered as per his request to Grover to "not poke Steve when playing live" and that had carried over to pretty much all future orders.

The guitar was wired with a Jackson Super Switch 5 way which allowed for coil splitting options in positions 2-4.

During the 1992-1993 "Seven Day Weekend Tour" Phil's guitars were strung with GHS Boomers 11-52 and tuned to 440 back then.

Oh and it left the factory with black Dunlop Straplocks too.

To recreate this EXACT guitar would be a solid 3-4K from the CS shop and I can assure you that many subtle features would NOT be reproduced by Jackson today due to some policies so my copy is pretty darn good in my opinion. I will try to score a reverse maple Jackson neck in the future if one pops up at a decent price mind you.

Comment

That is AWESOME! Huge congrats.

Comment

Working...
                        X