RR Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Case

Hey boys. Need some advice. I have an RR3 I just bought (just about stole from Music Go Round cause they thought it was an RX10 and priced it way low, but that's another story) I am looking for a case for my Rhoads but I HATE those new V cases. Ugly as sin. Want a classic Jackson/ Charvel case. I have been on ebay looking as well but nothing in the old style. I did, however, find an older case on the Music Go Round site. It is for the Dinky/ Soloist though. I wasn't sure if it was big enough to accommodate my Rhoads? Obviously I would make some adjustments to the foam. (cutting etc) Anyone done this before? Anyone know the dimensions of the Dinky/ Soloist cases? Anyone have an old Rhoads case they wanna sell? Any help would be appreciated. I love my newest addition to my Jackson/ Charvel family but hate to see it get chipped up in a cheap ESP gig bag that barely fits....
    Last edited by Flagstaff Fury; 05-20-2014, 07:54 PM.
    sigpic

Best to find a used RR case on Ebay.
    The one on MGR isn't going to work just not long enough.
    If you can find an open style case you could add some pads here or there to make it work.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I don't have my Soloist case in front of me, but am 99.9% sure there is no way an RR would come even close to fitting. The old style RR cases are huge and not that great IMO. I haven't had one of the newer style RR cases, but they are smaller and seem like they are made better. Yeah, they look a little weird, but as long as they protect the guitar and are smaller, I personally wouldn't care.

Comment

The foam in my older style SKB Soloist case, 2008 model, measures 14 inches wide x 40 3/4 long. My new SKB Soloist case, with the molded contours on the outside, is 14 1/8 inches wide x 42 long inside.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Buy one of the new ones and I'll trade you my full sized Rhoads case, I like the new ones lol

Comment

by the new ones do you mean the large rectangle that fits a kelly, warrior, king V, and rhoads? they look almost just like the old ones that have the circle j/c logo except they have an oval metal badge that says jackson. i think those are great cases. if you mean the ones shaped like a V, yeah those are ugly but save alot of space.
            you could get a king v, warrior, or kelly case and redo the foam, but id say look for one of the multifit cases

check with local guitar shops. i just bought an rrxt the other day off some guy on craigslist. went straight to this lil local music store and asked if they had a used rhoads case. they did. $45 out the door. sometimes shops take in a js series with a case but sell the guitar without it.

could also check pawn shops
            Last edited by jdr94; 05-21-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

The RR3 will definitely not fit in a Soloist case. The case isn't long enough, believe it or not the new cases are pretty sturdy. The huge cases are heavy and not all that great unfortunately.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

The new rectangular Jackson SKB's are great cases.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

2 hrs left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231232403678?redirect=mobile

Comment

Working...
                  X