Jackson Elite....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Elite....

Does anyone have any info on the Jackson Elite series? Looking at a KV online and it looks nice although the pointy headstock seems more rounded but I like the overall appearance of the guitar. How is the quality?
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Yep, that's my guitar! I love it. Well made, but I'm thinking it may need a fret level. I also hate the pickups, but that's an easy swap.

Comment

Haha, played my elite last night and....the ONE fret that was slightly buzzy has some self-corrected with the humidity change. Jackson = fixes itself.

Comment

I used to have a RR elite ss for a year or so. The craftsmanship and overall quality of this guitar is one of the very best i have ever seen. Really this RR was probably the most stunning looking guitar i have ever seen. The neck was somewhat thicker, more like a Gibson, yet it played absolutely fabulous! It had a real dark almost pitch black, extremely shiny ebony board.

Awesome guitar? Alas not. I noticed pretty soon the guitar sounded really bad. So i ripped the active preamp out and put old Bill Lawrence in there. Didn't make any difference, the guitar still sounded everything else but lively.
        So i bought a different set of Seymour Duncans and again the guitar remained a magnificent dead plank. This guitar did not resonate very well and i totally blame the wood. I looked more elites up after that to see if mine was just an unlucky exception... and those i heard sounded the same.

I was excited when i first got the RR elite and even more excited after i finally sold it. If you plan to buy an elite i urge you to thoroughly LISTEN to it first.

Comment

Oh interesting stuff. I have a new black water neodymium coming in that totally transformed my DK2M into an amazing instrument. I'll let you know how this pickup swap in my elite goes.

Comment

Working...
          X