Jackson X-Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson X-Series

Was there any backlash in the naming of this line from Ibanez?
    Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Don't think so, what about the JS series?

Comment

When do you think the X Series started? Jackson has had x in the names of their imports from the start of the import line and started saying the X series in the 90's.

Comment

Not sure about Jackson, but Ibanez was back in 1983 with the Destroyer. I was under the impression the Jackson X-Series was fairly recent. Ibanez dropped it late 80s, so I guess if Jackson started using it in the 90s it wouldn't have been a big issue. Seems they're picked the name back up again.
        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Jackson never stopped. I don't think you can copyright a series name. That would have been funny though if Ibanez sued over the name of a guitar they copied from Gibson. lol

Comment

I thought Ibenhad only had "EX"? But then you also have to go back to Carvin's X-model, the X-220, back in the mid 80s.

Model designations can't be trademarked or otherwise "protected for exclusivity". Specific names can, to a degree, but if Jackson wanted to make a Destroyer model, there's nothing stopping them as long as it doesn't look like the Ibenhad Destroyer. It can look like a can of potato soup or a giant tit, or even a Rhoads.

I don't think anyone is going to confuse the Jackson JS model with the Ibenhad Joe Satriani model. If someone knows enough about guitars to know who Satch is, and that he plays the JS model, they know it's an Ibenhad.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It's not a case of getting brands confused, it's about sharing a series name & if one can be sued for copyright for it.

I don't see a problem with it as long as individual instruments have different model names.

Comment

And even then, there's no grounds for it. It's not like Ford naming a car Corvette, or Chevy calling one a Mustang.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X