New NAMM 2014 pro series vs 90s Professional series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NAMM 2014 pro series vs 90s Professional series

I love 90 to 95 professional series but the new pro series has peaked my interest. I know the new pro soloist come with a real floyd and other hugh quality parts but how do they stack up against the early 90s professionals? Are they finally back on par with usa guitars, ive heard alot of good things about them.
    You cannot kill the metal! The metal will live on!

I played the new DK2M and I thought it was great but still not on par with the USA guitars. The couple USA's I've played were just flat out badass right off the wall at GC
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I own one. It's a solid instrument, but I also know people who have bought ones with significant flaws for their $1k pricetage.

When you find a good one they're definitely worth the money. I would, however, check them out in person to inspect the binding/fretwork or at least buy from somewhere that supplies photos.

Comment

They're not going back to the 1990 Pro quality, you can forget about that happening again. The first time it cost Jackson too much money.

That said, the KVMG Pro is a quality guitar. It's not a USA KV-2 clone, but if you're a gigging player on a budget, and want a neckthrough KV for half the cost of a USA or less, you can't go wrong.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

IMO, the current imports have NOTHING on the 90-95 era Pro series. But like Newc said, they're never coming back.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I would love to see a comparison between the new Pro SL2 and the older Soloist PRO
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
            A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
            X