No announcement yet.

getting in touch with jackson for a new pickguard on my SDX Adrian Smith model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting in touch with jackson for a new pickguard on my SDX Adrian Smith model

I traded my PRS singlecut for an Adrian Smith SDX imported model. White/White guard and a rosewood board. The pickguard is grotesque. It looks like someone peed on it. Badly yellowed. I had an old Fender guard, 11 hole drilled and cut for a Floyd, the pup spacing isn't exact. How might I get a replacement/direct fit pickguard for this guitar? It'll look so much nicer with a clean, white guard. The guitar rocks otherwise!

Thanks in advance!

I would go to pickguardian.com That guy is endorsed by usa custom guitars. ( spinoff of warmoth )
    Gear :
    2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
    2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
    1997 Fender Standard Strat
    2011 Ibanez SR 500
    2013 Peavey Bandit 112
    2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
    1985 Peavey Bandit Solo 65
    Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

They pee on guitars now? Excellent customer service!
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks, I talked to Fender, yesterday. I will be getting a replacement guard sent very soon.

wilkinsi, yep! it sure looks that way! LOL

Comment

Pee looking guard.........I just received my white, emg sa, sa, 81 pups. I'm waiting on my gold floyd, replacement guard and a few other items to make this "mine". Stay tuned for upcoming photos.

Comment

Did you try, I dunno, maybe cleaning the original? Could be something that just wipes away.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06 View Post

Pee looking guard.........I just received my white, emg sa, sa, 81 pups. I'm waiting on my gold floyd, replacement guard and a few other items to make this "mine". Stay tuned for upcoming photos.
              Hmm, reminds me of Leftykingv2's collection
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I suppose I could try some compound. See what that does. I have Menzerna, 3M and Meguiar's 105 and 205.

Compounding didn't do anything to remove the yellowing. It's ok, when the new guard comes in, it'll go in with the EMG SA,SA and 81 pup.

This is before I took it apart for upgrading.
                Last edited by JZ06; 03-16-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Whoa! I just spent the last two hours swapping out my white ( fugly) pick guard for a black Charvel Modle 1A guard. Had to trim for the Floyd but otherwise fit great. And it looks 10X better.

Comment

Now you got me wanting an adrian smith axe too.. how is the quality of these guitars btw?
                    Gear :
                    2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
                    2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
                    1997 Fender Standard Strat
                    2011 Ibanez SR 500
                    2013 Peavey Bandit 112
                    2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
                    1985 Peavey Bandit Solo 65
                    Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

AIC, I think it would look awesome with a black guard. Charvel 1a, huh? I almost bought one of those wayyyy back!. Cool axes.

yostinator...it was good, I just have to make it "mine" with a few mods. It is pretty light in weight, basswood body. The fingerboard is nice, very fast and the fret ends are silky smooth. No sharp edges.

Comment

Got a question for you I just picked up a sdx Adrian Smith used after i changed strings I realized the trus rod adjustment must be under the pick guard. am i correct? oh yea try soaking the old pickguard in bleach water it works to get ice tea stains out of plastic pictures and plastic cups. Plastx by mcguiers is a car polish but that might help restore it too then you'll have a backup that stuff is great for cleaning cd's also. Not on this forum much so send me an email too [email protected] thanks

Comment

If the guard looked suspicious, I'd have put on a pair of gloves, removed it, dunked it in a bucket of bleach and hot water, then hung it out to dry. Not right now though. Its pissing it down!
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I was in a Music Go Round store this weekend and saw an SDX with an ugly yellowish pickguard. I was wondering if the prior owner was playing it in a smokey basement or bar. After seeing this thread resurface, it's possible Jackson has an issue with the pickguard material. Here's a pic of that SDX on the MGR website.

Comment

If getting a replacement pickguard specific to this model wasn't immediately possible, would a spare Fender pickguard do? Or would the screws not line up or something?
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X