Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the going rate of Trans Blue Sam Ash "SL2H" Archtop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the going rate of Trans Blue Sam Ash "SL2H" Archtop?

(edit: sorry for the sucky dark hotel room photo with the phone)

With case?
    Last edited by DonP; 12-14-2013, 11:34 AM.

That's not an SL2H, or an archtop from what I see. Looks like a regular Tans Blue DK2. Look at the knobs, they would look slightly recessed if it was an archtop.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
      That's not an SL2H, or an archtop from what I see. Looks like a regular Tans Blue DK2. Look at the knobs, they would look slightly recessed if it was an archtop.
      That's what Sam Ash called that exclusive model... confusingly called the SL2H. And it is an archtop. They had one in metallic black with EMGs and the blue flame with Duncans. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/136...al-pics-inside
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
        You get an F for the day for you observation skills

Can anyone take a stab at what these are worth with a nice (non-Jackson) case?

Comment

HAHA, not my first F.

But in that pic it doesn't look like that top is arched at all. Not sure on what it's worth.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I think if you squint really hard while tilting your head, you can see a bump. Therefore it qualifies as an arch.

Seriously though, the black one is only slightly arched. I guess this one is the same.

Comment

Well it's not a USA model.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yes, it's Japanese. I'd say maybe $500 to $600 or so?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Yes, it's Japanese. I'd say maybe $500 to $600 or so?
                  I would say that's about right but I wouldn't go a penny over that.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

OK so my photo skills suck, but I didn't want to here some asshole saying I didn't GTWGITS

The other one in the series was gunmetal grey with EMG's.

These came out in 06 or 07 and listed for $899 new. Not sure if that was with case.

The archtop and body profile is the same as my AT Pro. Obviously thinner than my 750XL. The big difference is (I believe) this model has a 25.5" scale. I just got home with it tonight and bashed out some Megadeth and it was a pleasure to play.

The main issue I have with these is not ebony and MOTO Sharkies. After playing it, I think it's worth blacking out the fretboard and replacing the inlays.

Comment

Hi there,
                      I got the Black with EMG's sam ash Japanese SL2H. It is a great guitar, very well constructed, sounds killer and plays like a dream. I agree, this guitar needs at least a pearl inlays.
                      I asked the Jackson customer service about the info and spect of my guitar, since there is little information about it on the web, and here is the mail I got:

Hello Nicolas,

My apologies for the delay, I have been waiting on a reply from our marketing team for Jackson on this model. The information they were able to offer was that we built between 24-48 of these, the bodies were alder with maple through necks, a rosewood fingerboard, EMG 81/85 pickups and a Floyd Rose FR1000 series tremolo, they were manufactured in Japan. Our records show that this serial number was completed January of 2007. The years of production were ’06 – ’07, I do not have exact numbers for the trans blue, but it would likely be between 50-100 or so.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

We are now selling parts and accessories direct! Call Today!
                      Matthew Hounslow
                      Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
                      Consumer Relations Dept
                      17600 N. Perimeter Drive Suite 100
                      Scottsdale, AZ 85255
                      480-596-7195
                      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X