Any performer fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any performer fans here?

Just got a used performer ps4 (I think) hsh set up. Had to put a bridge on it, had a original Floyd off of a Kramer focus. Works pretty good. I think Its a decent player. I know it is one of the lower end Jacksons but I have had a few lower end dinky's That I wasn't very impressed with. I think it was a dk2, but any way Just thought I see if the performers had any kind of fan base. Don't have any picts right know but will try to get some up soon.

There were some performers that were really great guitars.
    The necks are really very nice but the bridges used varied a bit some good some not so good.Tuners were always good IMO.
    If the 12th fret dot markers are close together the necks were made in Japan wider fret marker neck were made in Korea.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I dig the one PS4 I bought a few weeks ago, but it has a cracked neck so its hard to give ya a full review on it lol. Minus the crack the neck is pretty rad, but I must say the bridge pickup is just garbage. Just my only complaint at this point.
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

If the neck plate is original a Japanese serial# would start with 9, a Korean # would start with 1.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I do believe it is a Japanese one. It has a 9 at the start of the serial # and the 12 inlays are very close. I paid $175 for it. I may have over paid a little for it . It has a few dings in it,and it looks to have had a ruff life at one time but it did come with a Charvel/Jackson hard case.(don't think it spent much time in it) The bridge was a little ruff and I broke one of the string locks. That's why I had to put the Other Floyd on it. Will probably change the pups to some emg 81-85s and change the rest of the hardware to chrome or find a black Floyd. Over all I'm happy with it love the neck and think it is a great ax to mode and make it my new go to guitar.

Comment

Performers can be sweet guitars (for their level). My first Jackson was one but it was a case queen I picked up from a friend in Oregon. In trans blue over a flamed top with black hardware without a flaw to be found, it was a great first.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I too had a PS4 and i was a great guitar until I started to size up a few mods that I wanted to do.

The tremolo looked like a Schaller but was a pot metal crappy copy and the pickups were just plain awful. Pretty sure that the top was "photo flame" as well.

Replacing the bridge for a real Schaller and dropping in just one bridge humbucker was not worth it. Those two parts alone cost more than the axe is even worth.

Unless you happen to score one really really cheap AND have the spare parts lying around, they are pretty limited guitars.

I sold mine and waited for a clean Model series Charvel to show up. For maybe $100 more I had a much better guitar and it was sure to keep its value too.
              Last edited by vklobucar; 12-11-2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Get it up and in playable condition and enjoy it.
                If it plays great thats all that matters.Hell I played my $49.00 JB Player all night last night and loved it.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well said Stray. Btw, when you get tired of that Player let me know.
                  In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I had a performer for awhile...one of the thinnest necks I've ever played. I loved it. It was very similar to the neck on the stealth I once had. I think they were both even thinner than the neck on my DK1.
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I have a red one with Dimarzios and a real floyd. Best $175 (before mods) I've ever spent on a guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X