Jackson Kelly Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly Help Please

Hey y'all...I just bought a Jackson Kelly professional and was looking for some info on it. I googled the serial # and came up with this tread..( http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/129...TDs-Everywhere!) crazy my friend who I bought it from started this thread last year ..but it never got anywhere. I restrung it this morning and took the neck off to see the stamps. I would like some info on this guitar if possible... The serial number sticker on the back is J009527.. Both the neck and the body are stamped KE3 10-1...so from What I got from the original thread..the neck and body are the same right? Any help is appreciated.

I would suggest that serial number is from the 1996 transition period from 6 digits to the 7 digit 96xxxxx format. KE3, 1996ish?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yes, mid '90s KE3 with gravure/photo flame top. http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page07.jpg
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool.. Quick question then.. I just read that 1995 was the last year they put professional on the headstock.. So would it be 95 then.. Sorry I like to know these things and write them down. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Professional was on the headstocks until the late 90s. 1995 would be reasonable IMO.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by acidsid75 View Post
            Cool.. Quick question then.. I just read that 1995 was the last year they put professional on the headstock.. So would it be 95 then.. Sorry I like to know these things and write them down. Thanks for all the help.
            The "Professional" name was used on headstocks until 1997. It was dropped in 1998.

Your guitar is most likely from 1995 as the 1996 models came with Duncan Designed pickups. 95 still had "Jackson" branded pickups.
            Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-01-2013, 05:51 PM.
            -Rick

Comment

Thanks so much for all the info...last question the 10-1 stamp on the neck and body does that signify something.. like October 1 ?

Comment

Oct 1 would be a good guess though there was a thread recently with a 2001 DK2 stamped 7-1. I checked the calendar for 2001 and July 1 (7-1) was a Sunday. Maybe the factory operated on Sunday? Maybe 7-1 means January 7? May not be a date at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  Oct 1 would be a good guess though there was a thread recently with a 2001 DK2 stamped 7-1. I checked the calendar for 2001 and July 1 (7-1) was a Sunday. Maybe the factory operated on Sunday? Maybe 7-1 means January 7? May not be a date at all?
                  yep.. that was my guitar..

wish companies would make it easier to decipher the ID/production stamps they put on guitars
                  GEAR:
                  #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                  #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                  #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                  #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                  #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                  AMPS:
                  1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                  ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
                    yep.. that was my guitar..

wish companies would make it easier to decipher the ID/production stamps they put on guitars
                    Well, both the neck pocket and neck itself say KE3... so there's your ID of what model it is.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Well, both the neck pocket and neck itself say KE3... so there's your ID of what model it is.
                      I also said production stamp too...:P
                      GEAR:
                      #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                      #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                      #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                      #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                      #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                      AMPS:
                      1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                      ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

cool import jackson kelly , nice top imho , play that baby , hard , those can take a beat on well , i had a rhoads import , neck thru , there rare now ! congrads on the kelly , enjoy ! id'e raise that pick up till she howls , then wail on ! , have fun , like i said sweet top , its very nice imo , see ya , alz / 2013

Comment

On the subject of pickups.. I know it has a jackson neck pick up..don't know the kind.. the bridge is a J50b.....I dig it..but want to put that in another guitar ... what is are good pickups..for a metal sound on this guitar. I have set it up to D standard. I have a duncan invader laying around and the guys at the seymore duncan forum stated that in the bridge and a full shred in the neck would be a great combination. What are y'alls thoughts.

Comment

Thanks for all the help and comments!! y'all rock!!

Comment

Stupid question.. I assume this also has a compound radius 12 to 16?

Comment

Working...
                              X