Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Force View Post
    Some were alder, some were basswood.
    +1 some were basswood as well. They had a non arched body. These started being produced circa 2006. Previous years used alder.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
      Some were alder, some were basswood.
      Thanks for clearing the confusion!
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

The DXMG originally had an alder body, made in Japan. The 2006+ version of the same guitar was made of basswood, made in India. Both came stock with EMG-HZ's. Wish I never sold my 2005 one
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

well, shit. I was okay with it considering it was Japanese. Indian is a whole other story. I guess I will have to do a SN check once I get it home. all-in-all I liked it in the store. I was always under the impression that the GMG ones were Japanese, and that Jacksons with the jt580lp and EMGHZ were Japanese. I thought that in the time that these were made, Indian Jacksons used the crappy Jackson pickups.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            The DXMG originally had an alder body, made in Japan. The 2006+ version of the same guitar was made of basswood, made in India. Both came stock with EMG-HZ's. Wish I never sold my 2005 one
            Wonder why my 2009 DXMG has a MIJ sticker then. Oh, because it is
            If anything, only the very early years were MII

Here's a post with more info
            http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/433...or-korean-made
            Last edited by Codex; 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

basswood vs alder, japan vs. india. someone should just call jackson and find out instead of basing it on limited knowledge. dxmg never had archtop body....

Comment

My DXMG:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/117...ear-where-made

Comment

I have a GMG basswood MIJ DXMG. Love it. It has a LFR, but not the lo-pro. I put a D-sonic with a PAF Joe in it, wasn't a fan of the HZ's. It is a bang for the buck guitar. I bought mine new in '09, it is my go to guitar.
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

HI guys
                    i was searching the forum , cause im not completely sure if my jackson dxmg is a japanese or indian made one(since mine i bought used and the sticker wasnt on it ) and i came across this post and another one.

my jackson is a very nice guitar. bright toned guitar, shark tooth inlays, it came with a set of emg hz pickups, that i LIked, but i installed a set of 81-60a. and the bridge , although its a bit ugly, stays in tune nicely. But im really interested in solving this enigma and find out where this guitar was made in.

so, ill gather information here and ill post some pics and ask some questions, but my main and first question is : WIll it help to identify which country it was made in, if i took the neck out ? will any made in japan or any CODES be written there ?!

im attatching some pics and i HOPE You guys could help me
                    Q: )
                    thanks in advance
                    JP

Charvel Fusion Deluxe - Duncan Custom/Jb Jr.
                    Jackson DXMG - 81-60A
                    Fender American Standard - Nailbombs
                    Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 - Liquifire 7
                    Ibanez RG7420 - Blaze Custom 7 - Air Norton 7
                    Ibanez SR550 Bass - Stock

Ibanez Rg550 - pickupless Q: (

Comment

That serial number looks like a Japanese serial number. I believe the Indian ones start with 0 or 1.

Comment

i picked mine up last night. the SN starts with 96, so i am figuring japanese - yay!! i have to charge the camera before i can snap some photos. i will be using it at my band's next show, then it is heading off to mike learn for a bass boat red sparkle paint job.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X