Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New old mutt day: Jackel or Charvson, take your pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old mutt day: Jackel or Charvson, take your pick.

New to me, old to everyone else, a Charvel Fusion Custom body in Rainbow Crackle with a Jackson neck. The neck is 25.5 but it intonates okay(ish), was told it had just been set up but who ever did it has less of a clue than me :think: Will need a new bridge I think, this one has been butchered, works fine but when the time comes for maintenance, it will bring problems. Had a bit of a jam & it plays really nice & sounds great.

EDIT

This is after I had to rebuild the bridge with parts from my old Fusion SX bridge.

And this is whats left of the schaller.
    The red ring had a large hex screw, stripped hole that was full of solder.
    The green ring shows more stripped threads with another large screw. These were hitting the strings.
    The blue ring.....WTF?
    The saddles were all in the wrong places. F**king amateurs........like me

& the J/C family

Last edited by Force; 10-22-2013, 04:00 AM.

Nice collection. Are those inlay stickers on the white Dinky? If so, I've often wondered... how's the durability?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yeah. They've been on for few years, still look like new, although it doesn't get much play time.

Was up late last night rebuilding the bridge on the Crackle. What a f**king mess. Whoever did this ought to be shot. I had to use the saddle from the Schaller but the rest of it is the old JT I pulled from my Fusion SX. It originaly stripped the A string saddle where the screw locks the string, plus some saddle corrosion.

Glad I kept it all, now she really does play like a dream. The Schaller had odd screws in her & half of them were stripped, the saddles were all in the wrong places, all kinds of amateur shit going on here.

Comment

I'm glad you didn't say they sucked 'cause my sharkfin decals should be here this week.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I can't remember the brand but they're pretty good. I chose sharktooth coz they hide the dots. I had sharkies on my LTD MH400 but they weren't much good.

Hope yours turn out well.

Comment

On the topic of inlays, my friend wanted to cover up his dot inlays so he took pictures of rosewood, blew them up, and then printed them off on sticker paper. Then he used a hole punch to cut them out, then covered the inlay. Was pretty fuckin durable, and when he took them off didn't leave any residue, (well not too much).

Anyways, that Jackel Charvson is really nice! Wish they just made a straight production model like that.

Comment

I went with Creative Cuts out of, I think, California. For $20 if it don't work out its no biggie.

Comment

Working...
              X