dx10d insight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dx10d insight

Hey guys, I'm going to check out a local dx10d for sale. Its a pretty good price, like 100 bucks. But I still wanna make sure its a mij, with the better trem when they came with the jt580.. How will I be able to tell ? There are no stickers on it that I can see in the pictures

I really just want the body off it so I'm hoping for an alder version
    . any insight or knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Hey Grahf, I'm from your neck of the woods and I've seen the guitar as well. I believe the DX10D was first made in India around 2000-01 and should have at least an 8 digit serial number. Then production moved to Japan and the serial number would be 7 digits.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

DX10D is one of the discontinued X Series. I used to own a DX10DFS. Duncan Designed pups, JT-580 trem. 100 bux sounds good.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Out of curiosity I asked the guy for a serial number to determine if it was Japanese. His reply was " There is no serial number. Do you really think I'd sell a Japanese Jackson for $100". WTF.:think: Its advertised as a Jackson DX10D and though the pic is poor it looks exactly like one, and, it appears to have a serial number.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Mudlark..

1) We should jam or something ! I'd offer to show you my jackson collection but it's really dwindled since I was a serious member here.. I'm only really into the strat shapes anymore- and all my USA jacksons have disappeared I just have my RR24M and a DK2M I kinda built from parts.. are you in the halifax area?

2) That's really weird. It clearly has a serial number on the neck plate on the pictures. It's clearly a DX10D with a reverse headstock- my game is usually to pretend I don't know anything about guitars, tends to work out better in the end for me.. I'll go have a look at it and if it plays and sounds alright, I'll probably grab it - I just want the black body to replace the ugly green one on my DK2M that I painted( Which is unfortunate since it's actualy a very nice early 90s' alder charvel body)
          Last edited by Grahf; 10-08-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Smart to play inexperienced. I realised I may have given him too much info after I did it. I live on the South Shore a couple hours away from Hellafux. Evan, the drummer from Hellacaust grew up near me. Drums are my first instrument so a jam would be great if not for the distance.
            Last edited by Mudlark; 10-08-2013, 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well dude if you ever come to Halifax let me know, I have a full studio setup (2 full drumkits, marshall stack, pa) in my house and can jam till probably 2AM without neighbour complaints (I live on one of the busiest streets in downtown Dartmouth. so the neighbors can barely hear it over the traffic)

Hellacaust was my favorite local metal band for a while. Seen em' many times and still love em... I'm from the band Hitman although I recently quit to try and pursue a solo career.

Comment

Snagged it. It was japanese, 7 digits, couple dings but played extremely well. I'll post an NGD and pics tonight.. although I have plans for this one

Comment

Glad it worked out. Seems the jackass would sell a Japanese made Jackson for $100.

Comment

Working...
                  X