Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slattxmg3-7

Hey all,

I'm looking to get a 7 string, and was looking at the SLATTXMG3-7, and had some concerns.

Compared to other 26.5" sevens, the pickup spacing seems to be off. The bridge pickup is considerably further away from the bridge, and the neck pickup is considerably further from the fretboard than any other guitar I've ever seen. This puts the pickups pretty close together and I could see this being uncomfortable for picking in addition to looking somewhat strange aesthetically. Looking at pictures of Ibanez RGD's and the various Schecter 26.5" sevens, it seems that they all have what I would consider "normal" pickup placement. Even Jackson's cheaper seven strings, the JS32-7Q & JS22-7 don't seem to suffer from this spacing issue.

Any ideas as to why this is?

I remember we discussed that issue here when those came out. I thought they fixed the placement on those. Maybe not.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I think it is still an issue. I was looking at pictures on Sweetwater and the spacing is considerably different than other models. Even comparing pictures of different SLATTXMG3-7's there seems to be some that are further than others.

Comment

Working...
      X