Identification help on an archtop soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification help on an archtop soloist

So what I believed I have here is a SLAT3-6. It's always been weird to me that the pickup selector is not the same as any other SLATs that I've seen, but I decided to dig in a bit more. The serial number is 06XXXX which, if I'm reading things correctly, would make it a 1990 arch top soloist, but I'm thinking the neck joint doesn't add up for that.
    The neck is thicker than any other Jackson I have, which would point to the ATT, but it has far more features of the SLAT3-6. Maybe I'm just missing something here and I was right initially. It has an OFR, EMGs and a battery box. The EMGs are quick connect, so if this was an ATT (which I doubt, it doesn't say "professional" on the headstock) they'd all be mods.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks!

Sam Ash SL2H limited run I am going to guess.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

As far as I know it's definitely made in Japan. So limited run SL2H AT? Are these catalogued? I know they did a limited run SLAT run, but from the production numbers wouldn't the 6 digit serial starting with zero mean 1990 MIJ?

Comment

It's not unthinkable that it might have had a "pro" truss rod cover at one point. Not sure if that solves much mystery.

Comment

Okay, so I got stuck on the SLAT thing. It's definitely a Sam Ash limited run SL2H from 2008 (the neck stamp wasn't clear enough, easily confusable 6 or 8).
          Thank you!!

Either way though, it's a killer guitar.

Comment

SL2H should be USA?

And the serial chart where 00 = 1990 stopped several years ago. Or, restarted, rather. If there's no "J", it's post-2000, at least.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SL2H probably should be USA only, but Sam Ash got around it which made searching this guitar out confusing. Even more because there have been multiple lines of archtop soloists (Pro and SLAT) that fit the bill more closely.
              At least the current SL2 Pro Series didn't add the H to make things more confusing.
              But this is definitely a 2008 SL2H Sam Ash limited edition. I was just grasping at straws since I didn't think it would be an SL2H for obvious reasons.

Comment

It is very confusing, but for some reason Jackson/Sam Ash limited SL2H limited run is what it's called. Google Sam Ash Sl2H and those guitars will pop up. Nice guitars, how do you like it?

Comment

There were two guitars in this run. The one you have with EMG's and a charcoal(?) paint, and a blue flametop with Duncan pickups. These were $799 new I think in 2008(?).

Comment

Hi there,

I have the same guitar, It's a Sam Ash Exclusive Run. Like you, I thought it was a slat6 but the specs didn't match.
                    The serial number of my guitar is 062227
                    I was looking for some info of those guitars and I contacted the consumer relations department at fender and here is the mail I got from them:

Hello Nicolas, My apologies for the delay, I have been waiting on a reply from our marketing team for Jackson on this model. The information they were able to offer was that we built between 24-48 of these, the bodies were alder with maple through necks, a rosewood fingerboard, EMG 81/85 pickups and a Floyd Rose FR1000 series tremolo, they were manufactured in Japan. Our records show that this serial number was completed January of 2007. Let me know if you have any further questions.
                    WE ARE NOW SELLING PARTS AND ACCESSORIES DIRECT! CALL TODAY!
                    Matthew Hounslow
                    Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
                    Consumer Relations Dept
                    17600 N. Perimeter Drive Suite 100
                    Scottsdale, AZ 85255
                    480-596-7195
                    [email protected]

The run was two models, one with seymour duncan pickups in flame maple trans blue, and one in metallic black (with matching headstock) with EMG's.
                    The people at fender, through the marketing team at jackson, told me that the years of production of the Sam Ash run was 06' - 07' and the trans blue were about 50-100 run, so that's why you find more info about the trans blue than the metallic black.

It is a killer guitar, I love it. It cost me 375$ with HSC at guitar center used gear (but the guitar was almost like new).

Comment

Is the back of the neck done in a satin/no clear finish? It looks different than the finish on the body. If so, how does that feel?
                      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by darkerknight View Post
                        WE ARE NOW SELLING PARTS AND ACCESSORIES DIRECT! CALL TODAY!
                        Is this Fender or J/C as well, I wonder? Would love to be able to buy WR bodies and DK2M necks direct and screw the Ebay drama.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X