No announcement yet.

NGD!! Jackson X Series SL2H Soloist!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s up with the Floyd? I put a special on my DKMG and it works just fine :dunno:
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Its okay as a budget Floyd but as soon as I grab say, a Jackson PC1 I feel the difference in the trem.

As a OFR Special its made of cheaper metals and has a less than awesome quality feel about it.

A Brass Big Block from FU Tone will certainly help out but an original would be so much better IMHO.

Comment

congrats nice score! I own a gloss black SLX and love it. feels and plays like a 90's MIJ pro series and not a made in india DX series,
        jackson must have really got strict with the QC at the india plant cause these are so much better quality than the older DX's made there.
        for a $550 new soloist you cant go wrong and if you get one used they are usually under $350.
        I paid $300 for mine and it was already modded with USA duncans and a big block.
        hands down the best $300 guitar i ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post

The Floyd is total crap and needs to be dumped ASAP! Its cheap and fit for the trash.
          I am a bit confused by this statement? The floyd special on mine is great! all i did to it was put a brass block on it.
          Granted these are not the same as a OFR but i would not say they are cheap and fit for the trash either.
          Mine does NOT go out of tune at all.
          better than the 580' trems for sure
          Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 09-25-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I too feel the difference between the OFR and the Special. The latter is lighter and weaker.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
            X