NGD: Unidentifiable modded Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A non-US market model perhaps?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Aldrich body maybe?
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Were those recessed?
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
        A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
          Aldrich body maybe?
          Aldrich bodies are the closest match to this. They have a non-recessed trem and HS alder body, but the control cavity layout and neck heel are wrong it you look at the pics on the audiozone site. Unless it came from some kind of prototype, but that would just be conjecture since there are no markings.

Comment

Could you measure from the bridge posts to the 12th fret? To me that looks like a 22 fret body, the measurement will tell. I think it might be an original run DK1 body which were HSS, 22 fret and I believe had that control cavity rout as well.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

KNE stamps their neck pockets, i see nothing there, I also don't think that they do the control routs, i remember having to do mine myself.
              Guitars:
              Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
              Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
              Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
              Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
              Modded Jet City 100HDM
              custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

I will measure, but if it was a 22 fretter, the posts have been reset, because the intonation would be all out of whack, which it is not. Actually they would have had to fill and move the pickup cavities too.

Comment

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
                  Looks like alder, aren’t DXMGs basswood?
                  Weren't the first year or so of DXMGs made of alder and then they changed over to basswood? Maybe I'm thinking of another model.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You're correct. There are a few older threads stating the change from alder to basswood occurred around 2006.
                    Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Weren't the first year or so of DXMGs made of alder and then they changed over to basswood? Maybe I'm thinking of another model.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I appreciate the input, but after examining the trem route from the underside, there is no way I can see this body came from a DXMG. I don't think that it ever had a recessed trem route. Also the heel contour doesn't seem to go quite as deep as a Jackson body. I'm pretty sure someone got an aftermarket body from somewhere and some DXMG parts and set it up in a Doug Aldrich configuration. At least the body wood seems to be decent quality, so I'm satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                      X