DKMGT Reborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMGT Reborn

I have had this guitar laying around since 2002. Basic model in cobalt blue with HZ's (long gone), basically used it as a pickup demo guitar. I had a pair of Invaders in it for a long time. (just too lazy to pull them out)

I decided for father's day I would buy a set of Gotoh's and a new Tuneomatic bridge for it.

Still had some problems with the nut, so I got a new bone nut, a good setup and some Elixers on it.

Some folks would say it was a waste of money, but since I loved the way this neck feels and even with the issues, how it plays, I couldn't help it. Slippery fast is the best way to describe it.

Dropped a Demon in the bridge and now it screams. I will throw some pictures up later. My good friend did the nut work, and he does good work. No more binding up and low action now as well.

Really, after trying a bunch of DX1's and other current import models, I just decided to put some money into my MIJ. I see these all the time at GC online for 2-299. I might just pick another up.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Killer guitar for the low price.
    I'm satisfied with the stock hardware on mine.
    Pickups are long gone, I have some unobtanium high gain proto's in mine at the moment.

Comment

yeah, I hear ya Cyg. My problem was the low E and D tuners always slipped. Old bridge rocked on the posts too. After switching the two out it was a big improvement. Here are a couple pics. The Gotoh's fit right into the old spots and the screws line right up. The bridge was obviously of better quality as well. And we all know nothing beats a good nut as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
      X