Kevin Bond Rhoads - My 2 cents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Bond Rhoads - My 2 cents

played a KB Rhoads, green, pretty extensively at a few live shows the past 2 weeks. I'm a big Rhoads fan and thought I could share some thoughts.

Feels great. The frets, the neck. Fairly similar to my RR5. Super super easy to play and a perfect neck shape for my hands really. I dont like a super thin neck, I prefer the thickness closer to the nut and tapering as it goes towards the bridge. I really love my RR5 and this is pretty similar.

stays in tune like a mother fucker and the fine tuners are a cool addition, but I really didn't find myself needing to use them much. The headstock tuners work perfectly fine and if you know how to tune a guitar, you wont have a problem. Youd be hard pressed to quickly access the fine tuners at the bridge in between songs since they are spaced so tightly.

The pickup, Im not sure what it is. Duncan, Iommi? It's got the two big silver rails. whatever. Doesn't sound that great, kind of toneless. Though I did play through a cheap Bugera, but I quite like what the amp had to offer. I'd rather have a JB in there. Tone options are about as limited as you can get, but when your'e playing fairly straight forward rock n roll, you don't need much.

This guitar is LIGHT as fuck. What is it made of? Styrofoam? I think it's even lighter than my RR5. What makes these things so light? My 89 Lost Souls rhoads is damn heavy comparatively.

Guitar looks cool too, minus the fucking pentagrams, but whatever. It's a signature model. I'm not sure of the price of these things, but the quality is smoking. Fretwork was gorgeous and the finish, including the binding on the neck is sweet. I reckon these things are pretty inexpensive. If you could snag one for 600 bucks, I'd say you got an unbeatable deal on a tight looking rear-loaded Rhoads.

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
    What is it made of? Styrofoam?
    Supposed to be Mahogany on these models

Comment

I love mine to death!

It *is* super light; makes me wonder if it's chambered in there.

Here I am rocking my KBRR at a LA Marathon. This was a few years ago, when I was 75 lbs heavier!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The pickup I think was designed for Iommi but now is "el diablo" and is now Scott Ian's signature pickup.
        Ron no tent for you huh.

Comment

Looking good Ron! Glad to hear you're losing some pounds! Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          I love mine to death!

It *is* super light; makes me wonder if it's chambered in there.

Here I am rocking my KBRR at a LA Marathon. This was a few years ago, when I was 75 lbs heavier!

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            This was a few years ago, when I was 75 lbs heavier!
            75 lbs, that's awesome, Ron

I got to spend some time with a green one hanging in a pawnshop a couple of weeks ago. Nice guitars. Seems well balanced for how light it is. Didn't get to plug it in.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              Ron no tent for you huh.
              He's too friggin tall to fit under it! It would look like the top of his head was lopped off.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
              X