NPD! (P = Pickup!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD! (P = Pickup!)

So I changed the pickups from passive and stock to active and awesome. Tore out the Duncan Designed pickups and stuck in some Blackouts. One humbucker and two singles.

It looks great, sounds amazing and is my new favorite over the Kelly with EMGs. If you can fit a battery in a Kelly, you can fit one anywhere

Before:

After:

Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
    Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
    Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

cool. What kind to tones are you getting out of it now? How are the singles?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The black outs are decent for active pick ups I'm curious about the singles too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm getting really nice warm cleans out of the singles, and a nice warm and trebly tone from the bucker. On high gain it is just a beast, so much roar and a lot of high end fizzle, plus the low end thumb that will annoy a lot of bassists

I have to roll back the volume when playing clean, you can tell this guitar just wants to go off and scream like an unholy creature of the night. I love the thing! D

Comment

I can record some samples if people are interested

Comment

I really want to try these with my KH1 module (Randall MTS). Made to stay clean with actives pushing it.. And yes, samples are always encouraged.. But do everyone a favor and note the specific setup you record them with or you'll get a bunch of "How did you" questions..
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Ha, yeah I will. Ok then, I'll record some samples tonight and post 'em up with a description of my setup. I'll do a straight-through clean recording as well (no processing at all) and some with my favorite effects/processing

Comment

Here are the samples

http://snd.sc/11WqVd8

I recorded it through a TC Konnect Live (Firewire) into Reason 6.5 on a Macbook Pro. The clean has no effects at all, just straight through the interface into the DAW. The distortion is my own (secret) Line 6 patch in the Reason 6 Line 6 Guitar Amp rack processor. I use Elixir 10-52 and tune to standard B. Using a heavy Dunlp Jazz 3 pick. Supreme cables... Anything I missed?

If anyone wants something else, just let me know.
                I chose played cheesy shit because it was fun haha!
                (Excuse the crappy playing, I didn't warm up and haven't played those in ages. )
                Last edited by Saw; 06-12-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Nice job. Except you didn't even note what room in the house you're playing in..

Of course it'll be different on different setups but the bridge sounds pretty bright and open. And the middle sounded really smooth to me on the tapping part. Really want to get a set to try against me EMGs.. Thanks for the samples.
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Haha, well I recorded it in my music room, which is at the back of the house, behind the kitchen

And you're welcome. If anyone wants some other samples, just let me know

Comment

Working...
                    X