No announcement yet.

Which pick-ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been some time, but I finally got the Seymour Duncan Blackouts. So far I'm really happy with them. There is a bigger distinct tonal difference between the bridge and neck now than with the stock pickups, which both had the exact same sound no matter which I was using. These have a nice warm neck, and a bright bridge. Much better sustain too.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
      Personally I'd shy away from the HZ EMG's. IMO they don't sound much like actual EMG's. A friend of mine picked up a JS32 for a song and has been very happy with the Duncan Distrtion and a Duncan Jazz in it.
      A big +1 here AdRock.....The EMG HZ's are terrible. It's like their version of "Duncan Design." They're cheap garbage and they really don't sound like EMG's at all. They're like the new EMG version of old school EMG Selects. The stock Jackson pick ups sound better than EMG HZ's.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X