No announcement yet.

For the Dominion/Morton fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it. I got it within the first year it came out, I believe 2006, so it's got the painted neck which I don't mind, but I would love to have a newer one with oiled neck. The neck is indeed fat, but it's very comfortable... not really round, but more flat, similar in shape IMO to the Dave Mustaine King V "speed neck" profile, just thicker.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How's the coil splitting tone? - do you you use it much? Trying to gauge the versatility.

Comment

The coil splitting tones are cool. I'm more of a one pickup/one volume guy, so I don't use them all that much, but it is pretty nice, very versatile when needed. I'll sometimes roll back the neck volume and split the pickup when playing something clean.

Comment

Sorry one last question - would you say the neck profile is similars to a Gibson 50's LP Studio, Custom? :What would you compare it to? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Well, I've got an '04 vintage mahogany faded Studio that I believe has the '59 round profile, but the Morton is definitely not round like that. I'd say the thickness is maybe close, but the Morton is definitely flatter and seems more sleek, more comfortable. They've also got the same nut width, but the Gibson feels like its fingerboard is not as wide for some reason. I definitely prefer the Morton overall.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Well, I've got an '04 vintage mahogany faded Studio that I believe has the '59 round profile, but the Morton is definitely not round like that. I'd say the thickness is maybe close, but the Morton is definitely flatter and seems more sleek, more comfortable. They've also got the same nut width, but the Gibson feels like its fingerboard is not as wide for some reason. I definitely prefer the Morton overall.
              Thanks toejam for taking the time to respond - great description by the way. I have that same vintage mahogany faded studio and I rather like the neck on it - I also love my pro mod necks. Sounds like this will work for me. Now to hunt one down...

Comment

No problem. If you ever get one, let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                X