EMG install in an RR3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG install in an RR3?

I have a Jackson RR3 that is passive with Duncan pickups. My other V has EMGs, I installed them myself so I'm looking to convert my Rhoads as well. What I want to know is there anything problems that I might need to watch out for? I plan on installing the Zakk Wylde set which is the 81 and 85 so I already know the wires that feed to the input jack will be too short, the same happened on my other V. Has anyone else encountered issues other than the one I listed?

The ZW set comes with 4 pots just get the standard 81/85 set.No sense in paying extra for his pic on the box.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      The ZW set comes with 4 pots just get the standard 81/85 set.No sense in paying extra for his pic on the box.
      It's honestly cheaper, I've never seen the 81/85 together in a plain set. Buying both separately is too expensive.

Comment

That's true they are cheaper that way. I had an RR3 that I put that very set in. The only problem I had was fitting the second battery for 18V operation. It took a couple tries to get the wire lengths right so the batteries would sit in the right place. Other than that I didn't have any problems. Good luck, If I was doing it again I would have bought the Kerry King set with the db boost switch. I only have one guitar with active pups nowadays and they're not EMG's. I got a set of SD Blackouts and I like the sound of them but the pots are a little on the crappy side.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

"EMG.....as easy as 1,2,3....."

Comment

Yeah you'd want the zw set anyway. The RR3 has 2v,1t right? It would suck to buy a set that only had 2 pots.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
              Yeah you'd want the zw set anyway. The RR3 has 2v,1t right? It would suck to buy a set that only had 2 pots.
              I think you're right Bro.... BUT, F that. Remove one pot(I usually go with the volume(tie them together) BUT, let's be honest - you're not a tone guru if you're running EMG's). With the extra pot out of the way, there's plenty of room for the 2 9's(you may need to wrap them in tape to keep everything cool).
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
              X