Demmelition King V Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demmelition King V Questions

I am eyeballing the Demmelition King V for my next guitar and this will be my first flying v.

What are the best type of strap locks to use on it? I am using Schaller strap locks on my current guitars and basses. I'm just wondering if this type will end up jabbing me in the gut or not.

How is the neck compaired to a Fender Stratocaster with the Modern "C" Shape (not worried about the radius)? Is there a big difference in the thickness - say jumping from an Ibanez Wizard neck to the Strat - or are they close to the same?

Jacksons and strats are nothig alike. I have not played a demmel but most Jackson necks are D shaped, I think the demmel may be a little thicker than normal. I wizard neck is D shaped but very thin. A wizard II is not that much thinner than a Jackson.

Comment

From my experience with my RR's I would say the schallers are not a great option on the V's. I love them and have them on all my guitars. The quality and design are great, but at the heel of the neck they can get in the way. I'm actually thinking of trying the DiMarzio clip locks.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I used the Strat as an example because they are very common. I have an Ibanez with a Wizard II and used to have an Ibanez SZ which had a very chuncky neck. Didn't have much of a problem switching between them like some people do because the nut width (43mm) is what is important to me.

I switched from a DiMarzio clip locks strap to the Neotech Mega Strap so it would be easier on my shoulder & back.

Comment

Working...
        X