Replacement trem for ps4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement trem for ps4

Fixing up a Performer PS4 at the moment. I would be grateful for suggestions on a replacement trem that won't cause intonation issues.
    Don't want to put something really low quality in it or spend a fortune on a new floyd or gotoh.
    Thanks
    Power chords...what more do you need?!

I recently put a Gotoh on a JS100 and I can't say enough good shit about it...Its the best floyd I have ever used period. I would never buy an OFR after using a Gotoh.

BUT....

IF you want something decent I think a floyd special would work well.
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Thanks , i'll look into the fr special.

Comment

That guitar comes with the jt500 which is a cheap clone of the jt590 or schaller trem. A schaller would be a direct fit but would probably cost as much as the ofr or gotoh. If youre looking for cheap there are lots of schaller clones on ebay for dirt cheap. Brand new, it wont hold up like an ofr or schaller but will work fine if youre not a trem abuser.

Comment

Just get a real Schaller floyd, will drop right in and fit in the route properly. They can be found cheaper than an ofr on the bay, and the quality is just as good if not better. Schallers are heavier than a real floyd. Check one out. Gotoh's are just as good but cost more because of the whole Suhr deal. Trust me, been there done that.

Comment

Yep. I was thinking about a schaller floyd as well. I think thats the way to go if I'm going to make a proper job of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
              Just get a real Schaller floyd, will drop right in and fit in the route properly. They can be found cheaper than an ofr on the bay, and the quality is just as good if not better. Schallers are heavier than a real floyd. Check one out. Gotoh's are just as good but cost more because of the whole Suhr deal. Trust me, been there done that.
              Do Gotoh's and OFR's drop right into the PS-4 with no modifications or is the Schaller the only drop in replacement?

Comment

Im pretty sure the Schaller is the only option. I think the ofr bolts are too long. Im not completely sure the gotoh wont fit. I just know ive always gone for the 590's

Comment

The JT590/schaller is the only option for an upgrade to the JT500 trem. The JT500 isn't bad if you aren't a trem abuser. I've never had any issues with mine.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                  X