Jackson Performer PS2 customization...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
    Great looking job! I'm sure that carbon fibre will make it feel a lot lighter too....
    A lot lighter than...? A layer of carbon fiber won't lighten the guitar. It has no magical anti-gravity physics or powers.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
      A lot lighter than...? A layer of carbon fiber won't lighten the guitar. It has no magical anti-gravity physics or powers.
      I think he was just kidding, hence the big grin smiley.

Comment

Then I offer my apologies. Write it off as one eye open and drinking the first coffee of the day.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Thanks for the answers, I will definitely keep them in mind if I need to do a fill again. I used wood glue AND Bondo, so I guess I kind of had it coming haha. Your project is looking awesome by the way, looking forward to more progress!

Comment

I love me a project guitar, especially a PS2/4. They are cheap but play really well.

I took my PS2 body and stuck 5000 Swarovski crystals on it

Love to see this Carbon Proj progressing.
            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Sorry for the slow progress.....life.....

Headstock just needs a final wetsand and buff, had a little clear coat mishap on the body trying to clean out paint in the neck pocket so the neck would fit, should be an easy repair/re-clear. The clear is bonded solid at the edges of the paint chip area so I must not have sanded the top enough for it to bite in at the neck pocket area.

photo 1.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow that thing looks amazing and it's not even together yet! Good job man!

Comment

That is so awesome, really nice work. I want one. Can't wait to see her put together.

Comment

Man that thing looks almost too nice to play...almost Can't wait to see the finished product

Comment

Very nice, waiting for the fully assembled final pics!!!
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                      X