No announcement yet.

Y2KV import wiring problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For an import!!!???? Thats usa y2 pricing.

I.think id go 700 for one but can't see myself paying much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by jackhamer View Post
      Hi. So i have a Y2KV import, the US Flag version.
      Am I the only one that sees the irony there?
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Lol. That is pretty funny cowboy.

Comment

And what about the coveted USA Charvels from the 80s with Rising Sun graphics? :p
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I can see this going somewhere so I'll start another thread so we don't highjack this one, lol.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I don't remember when i got it. I didn't save a pdf of the sale and MF doesn't track back that far. I'm guessing it was around 10 years ago give or take. I emailed Jackson asking for some info, we'll see what their reply is. I probably tossed the receipt, but I'll look around. The price was marked down a few times, like when they are just trying to get rid of old inventory.
              2011 Godin Summit CT
              2002 Jackson Y2KV USA Flag import
              2006 Jackson DK2 TB
              1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
              2000 LTD H-307
              2003 LTD MH-301
              2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

I can't believe it. I found the shipping receipt. Under my steps in the basement are 3 old dirty, dusty, dingey guitar shipping boxes. It was in the 2nd one i looked in. I bought it in Feb of 2004, so it's 8 years old. $199.99. I think it maybe have been returned prior to me buying it. It says "This item may have minor cosmetic flaws or may be slightly experienced. The price reduction is extreme, and your satisfaction is guaranteed." I like the term "slightly experienced", LOL. While digging around for it i also found some old pickups. Jackson Model 3-A bridge and 3-A neck, i think those are J80C's that i took out of an old 86 Charvel Model 3A i used to have. A Jackson 50N and a JH3, i think those 2 came out of a Rhoads with a broken headstock i got for $75. I ended up putting a Hamer maple neck on it, that's how i came up with Jackhamer. I might have to try the J80C's in the Y2KV and see how it sounds. Now i'm getting excited to get the sperzels on, string it up and make some noise! Oh, and of course I still need a case for it. Found out the hard way that it won't fit in an epiphone V case. I did see on another thread that the skb V case works, so i'll be on the look out for one of those used.
                2011 Godin Summit CT
                2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                2000 LTD H-307
                2003 LTD MH-301
                2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

What is the serial # ?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Serial for which one?
                    2011 Godin Summit CT
                    2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                    1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                    2000 LTD H-307
                    2003 LTD MH-301
                    2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

The Y2KV is a 7-digit, starts with 9. The Rhoads is a 6-digit, starts with 9 and the old neck is stamped EX. So that means they are both made in Japan? I got the Rhoads from someone that got it from someone that threw it through a wall, hence the broken headstock. I'm guessing both are alder or maybe basswood? The Rhoads is beat up, might make a good project thread. Time to buy a sander. The RR V has been my favorite shape since the Master of Puppets days.
                      2011 Godin Summit CT
                      2006 Jackson DK2 TB
                      1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
                      2000 LTD H-307
                      2003 LTD MH-301
                      2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Working...
                      X