Grover Jackson King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Jackson King V

I just picked up a Jackson King V that says "Grover Jackson" on the headstock, set neck, no binding, couple broken pickup rings and some bridge corrosion.

From what I can gather they are MIJ and a lot of people compare them to USA models. Feels good to me. I've always wanted a USA Jackson but never had the dough...

It's a little beat up and the trem plating is coming off, hopefully an OFR will fit on it.

Any idea what one of these is worth if it was in a little better condition?

IMG_2105.jpgIMG_2106.jpgIMG_2107.jpgIMG_2108.jpgIMG_2109.jpg

Should be a neck thru?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I actually love these grovers. Usually these neckthru models go for 3-600 depending on color, options, stuff like that.

I've bought 2 soloist for 400 each. These are great. Id buy it and RR G.J's any day.

nice score

Comment

Equivalent to a KV-4 IIRC.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Matty is right.

Comment

Nice looker for sure.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's really cool I have never seen one of those before, are they some sort of special editon? Or maybe made after Fender bought Jackson?

Comment

Japan market only.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

whats the serial number? should be on the last fret 6 digit number. that definitely looks like or is a KV-c.u.95 King V������. i have the Kelly equivalent. its made in Japan for Japan market only. definitely as good as a USA. just upgrade the bridge and pickups. it was called KV-c.u.95 because 95 stood for the amount of thousands of ¥. thats the lowest high end King V in Japan at the time nice work man.
                  MY GEAR
                  -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with Seymour Duncan Black Winter bridge trembucker custom and Floyd Rose Original Gold Satin custom
                  -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with EMG HZH4s and Floyd Rose Original black satin
                  -FENDER STRATOCASTER AMERICAN STANDARD 2002 Black with white pickguard. All Stock.
                  PEAVEY RAGE 258 25watt modelling amp solid state

Comment

Working...
                  X