COW 6 rarity / popularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince Vultan View Post
    I could shift my DKMG for similar bread and not miss it half as much!
    Spot on!!

Comment

Originally posted by GeneticWeapon View Post
      Is the wood type used in the body important when using an active pickup? I was reading the pro's and cons of active emg's on another site, and someone said that you can get the same sound from a crappy wood guitar by going active. I gues things like sustain would be affected greatly.

Actives don't make all guitars sound the same at all. I have 2 with EMG's, my LTD is Mahogany which has a lot of low thump & quite smooth, the DK2 being Alder give an awesome mid range crunch, by far my favourite guitar.
      Last edited by Force; 02-23-2012, 05:37 AM.

Comment

the camo ones are fugly.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
          the camo ones are fugly.
          Agreed....but I love almost everything about the COW aside from the lack of a Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            the camo ones are fugly.
            Hell, I liked the desert camo .... guess they'll never make a finish/graphic that everyone loves.

Unless just maybe - a fighter jet/ bomber in desert camo/ metal flake w a cock dragon !!!!
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              Hell, I liked the desert camo .... guess they'll never make a finish/graphic that everyone loves.

Unless just maybe - a fighter jet/ bomber in desert camo/ metal flake w a cock dragon !!!!
              ...and a peep!
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I own the Silverburst model. Great guitar!
                2012 ESP M-1 NTB
                2008 Jackson COW Silverburst
                1988 Jackson mutt (Model 2 w/Jackson USA neck)
                1960 Les Paul Junior
                1992 Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Comment

Active pick ups sound different in different guitars so all the BS you read about them isn't all that accurate just one persons opinion.
                  Depends on the guitar really more than anything.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i had one awhile back and though it played well, it felt like a toy to me. it was so light. the main reason i wanted it was cause its lack of inlays, but before long i sold it and got a dkmg.

and as mentioned above not all guitars sound the same w EMGs. my rhoads pro sounded thin with em, my kelly sounds thick with em. most dinkys did sound similar but still different.
                    Last edited by jdr94; 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I'd say 95% of the guitar tracks on these recordings http://thecatastrophe.bandcamp.com/a...vipers-split-7 I used my Jackson COW and two different JCM 800 heads through a bogner 4x12 cab. The Jackson COW was played on all rhythm and lead tracks, and I think for one track we may have used a early 80's Les Paul custom for rhythm.
                      2012 ESP M-1 NTB
                      2008 Jackson COW Silverburst
                      1988 Jackson mutt (Model 2 w/Jackson USA neck)
                      1960 Les Paul Junior
                      1992 Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Comment

Those types of guitars stay in tune better then if it was Floyded?
                        8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

What is this dragon of the cock in which you speaketh?

Originally posted by Jayster View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                            What is this dragon of the cock in which you speaketh?
                            You jest sir.......but for the avoidance of doubt go to the eBay part of the forum...but prepare yourself if it the first time in his presence!

Comment

Working...
                            X