NGD: Trans Blue Stealth Professional - New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
    I thought the 580's could be replaced with a real Floyd? It'd probably be easier to find.
    Actually there are a bunch of 580's and 580lp's on eBay right now. I am watching a few.
    ~ JT ~
    1993 Jackson Stealth Professional / 1996 Jackson Performer PS4
    2002 BC Rich Warlock / 1989 BC Rich Gunslinger II
    1996 Fender Fat Strat / 1999 Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster
    1996 Fender Precision Lyte Bass / 2002 Fender Jazz Bass
    1989 Aria Pro II XRB Lefthanded Bass
    www.wickedreputation.com
    www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

I scored a JT 580 Low Pro on eBay. There were a few that seemed beat up, discolored, missing parts or incorrect pieces installed. It just didn't make sense to pay $50-60 for a not so nice unit when an extra $10-20 buys a near mint one. I should be getting it this week, then i'll pop it on, string it up and see what I got.
      ~ JT ~
      www.wickedreputation.com
      www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

sweet deal lets see a picture when you are done

Comment

Nice score!! My first Jackson was a trans blue Stealth XL just like yours, bought it new back in '94, after that there was no turning back!!

Comment

I have been on a roll lately. I've been buying stuff up left and right. Mostly old school metal shredders.
            ~ JT ~
            www.wickedreputation.com
            www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Good Deal. Nice looking grab for you & Welcome to the madness!

Comment

My tremelo arrived today. I never set up a Floyd before so I just popped it in there and I am going to drop it off to my luthier to set it up for me. I already have a new set of 09 Blue Steels ready to go. When I get it back, I'll post more pictures and probably a video. So here are some pics from today:

I have to say, my first thoughts were to buy this, clean it up, put what it needs onto it and then sell it. The more I look at it, handle it, etc... I dig it. So, it looks like I am going to hang onto it for a while. One thing I was wonder is how I can get it refinished. Its got some flaws in the finish (as you can tell) and it just seems like a pretty bad ass axe when perfect. I love the trans blue color. At this point I am going to need a rear cover, a Steath XL truss rod cover, and a Jackson Chainsaw case for it. If anyone has any of these, pop me a PM.
                ~ JT ~
                www.wickedreputation.com
                www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

My Stealh didn't come with a chainsaw case, just the regular one. At least this was for a '94 model.

Comment

I dropped the Stealth off to my luthier to have his set it up properly last week. I should be getting it back around Weds (he was swamped with work) so I am excited to see how this thing plays. Hopefully I didn't buy a turd. I bought the missing the back plate and truss rod cover on eBay and when I went to bring it to the shop, I can't find the new truss rod cover. One week and I lost it. Son of a B***H
                    ~ JT ~
                    www.wickedreputation.com
                    www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Great looking Stealth, JT
                      If you truely are thinking of a refinish job, I would send it to Cue. Here is a link to his site.
                      http://www.gerhardsguitarworks.com/contact.html
                      I have seen his work and it is breathtaking. He is a straight shooter and won't jerk you around.
                      Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

I got either a stealth ex or xl truss cover at home. Ill check when I get back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                          I got either a stealth ex or xl truss cover at home. Ill check when I get back tomorrow.
                          If its an XL, I will buy it from you. The one I got was an aftermarket piece.
                          ~ JT ~
                          www.wickedreputation.com
                          www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Got home early but its an ex

Comment

I picked up the stealth today from my guitar tech. Holy crap this thing plays nice. I had low expectations since it was a project guitar but wow. The pickups sound great, no humming, the action is set perfectly so I was able to really enjoy the thin neck. The tremelo even feels better than the other licensed FR in my other guitars. It had jumped up to become my favorite player guitar. I didn't want to put it down. Once I find my lost truss rod cover and install it I will take new pictures.
                              ~ JT ~
                              www.wickedreputation.com
                              www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Working...
                              X