• Show
Clear All

• 6stringbob
    replied
    Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    As I said, I've seen them. I don't recall seeing a '90-'95 misprint, but I've seen a handful of Japanese serials misprinted. Upside down digits, missing digits, an 8xxxxxx instead of the proper 9xxxxxx. Unless the model was made in '94 (catalogues contain errors and not all models are listed in some catalogues) or someone switched the plate...a misprint is my only theory.

I can't guarantee you'll find date stamps in the neck pocket, but if you remove the neck you may find date stamps along with the model stamps. Japanese models from later in the '90s had date stamps, but I can't remember about the early '90s. Bad memory.

Leave a comment:

• 6stringbob
    replied
    A misprint? Do you think that is a realistic scenario?

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    No serials read right to left.
    If someone hasn't changed the neck plate, I can only guess it's a misprint. There are plenty of misprints out there.

Leave a comment:

• 6stringbob
    replied
    Hi,

I've found a used Japan Import Jackson Professional Fusion SX (MIJ Pro). The 6-digit Serial starts with 40.
    The serial guide above says that it should be a Jackson from 1994, but the owner is sure that it is from 1992. I think he is right, because the Jackson catalogues show's that this guitar was build only in 1992.

So why 40 and not 92? Is it possible that some serials must be read from right to left, because it ends with 29 .. (rtl->92).

Cheers
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• pianoguyy
    replied
    Originally posted by goldilox View Post
    Does the serial number actually start with a letter? Mine is J100242.

Yes, letters (if there are any) are considered part of the serial number.

But, when we say things like "a seven digit number", the letter is not part of the seven.
    For example, your J100242 is a six digit serial. But it is a different guitar than U100242 which has the same 6 digits but a different letter.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    What model is J100242 on? A neck thru Professional?

That should be 1991 Japan if on a neck thru with a Professional logo on the headstock.

Leave a comment:

• goldilox
    replied
    Does the serial number actually start with a letter? Mine is J100242.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    No, that's a 2008 Japanese RR5FR.

There was a '90s number format and a 2000s number format for MIJ neck thrus. The '90s had a J prefix and the first digit indicated the year.
    ex: J2xxxxx=1992

The 2000's had no J and the first two digits indicated the year. ex: 02xxxx=2002

Leave a comment:

• atf1230
    replied
    Serial number = 084092, neck-thru construction. Based on the info from the first page, it looks to be a 1990 MIJ?

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Looks messy, but it may be a Stars logo.

08xxxx without a J prefix is 2008.

Leave a comment:

• Nimitz
    replied
    Jackson Stars?

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied
    Originally posted by winterbegins View Post
    Im very curious about this one =

Serial is 083662 ?

What's that extra behind the Jackson logo? Is there a J in front of the numbers?

Leave a comment:

• karelpotuznik01
    replied
    yep thanks, its exactly this one!
    Last edited by karelpotuznik01; 02-09-2016, 03:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Can't see your pic, but this is a JS30 Dinky.
    04xxxxxx indicates made in India, 2004.

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X