No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ty Number Of The Priest ! I really appreciate it.

Your thoughts on price if you don't mind?
    Last edited by luria; 06-23-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• I agree that USD$600 is high. USD$500 is better but still high, though I am mindful of the European market consideration. However, if you really want the guitar, it is ultimately up to you. I will admit that the guitar looks to be in great shape, at least from what I can see in the provided photos.

Comment

• Ty Number Of The Priest , I do agree 500$ is still high. Yes the guitar looks in perfect condition. Owner says he bought it new 24 years ago. I'll try to negotiate the price... but I do like that guitar.

Thanks again!

Comment

• I am looking at a Jackson Dinky Reverse Headstock. Sharkfin inlays, chrome hardware, jackson floyd rose, duncan designed humbuckers, transparent green flame maple top, heel contour. Serial 9665491. I see Jackson has a similiar model listed in the 1998 catalog. Im thinking ti is a 1998 DR3. Any info and suggested value. The fret board is in decent shape, body has wear. Thanks

Comment

• The serial is 2001-ish.
            Sounds like a $300, tops, guitar from your description.

With a hard case and in great shape I might go $450 if I really wanted it.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Thanks Mudlark.

Comment

• Hello all! I'm brand new to this site and forum. And like many others here, I spent several hours searching the Internet for answers to dating my two Jackson Dinkys, lol. Luckily, I found this place.

I bought the black Dinky used in 2012. From what I've read here already, this one looks like late 2008.
                DXMG-BLK
                Serial No. 9834643 w/Made in Japan sticker.

The white Dinky was given to me by a friend a few years ago. And this is where I am stumped.
                Serial No. 311571493

As suggested from others here (since I have the strings off at the moment), I removed the neck and took a peek/pic. WTF? Did a prior owner replace the neck with another Jackson? The extra holes, and where's the stamp? Can anyone help with the model and year of this? Thanks in advance...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11rE...ew?usp=sharing
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/11xh...ew?usp=sharing
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/11zr...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Your white Dinky is a JS32R: https://guitarinside.com/Jackson_Dinky_JS32R I don't know enough about the neck pocket and neck heel of this series to offer any guidance.

Your black Dinky is a DXMG as you already identified. The neck heel and neck pocket should have date stamps, if you ever get around to removing the neck.

Comment

• Does the JS32R have a blank neck plate?
                    The sticker appears to indicate a manufactured refurbished model, and the original serials are removed in that circumstance.

JS32R's were 2010-'11 model made during the end of Indian production.
                    The serial on the original neck plate would've read

NHJ10xxxxx-2010
                    or
                    NHJ11xxxxx-2011
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• I want to know if this Jackson is MIJ or not. It is randy Rhodes cream and gold number is on the back on a plate 9769232. Not a floyd rose. Owner said it was from 1997. It look identical to the one in this link except the head where it says jackson is black not white, the neck is also not white just regular smooth wood (sorry for my vague terms I am not an expert in guitars). And the serial number is on the back at the bottom of the neck on the body on a gold plate. Looks very similiar to this guitar except for the details i said. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-RR-...s/283870009992
                      please help thank you
                      Last edited by Joyfantastic; 01-23-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyfantastic View Post
                        I want to know if this Jackson is MIJ or not. It is randy Rhodes cream and gold number is on the back on a plate 9769232. Not a floyd rose. Owner said it was from 1997. It look identical to the one in this link except the head where it says jackson is black not white, the neck is also not white just regular smooth wood (sorry for my vague terms I am not an expert in guitars). And the serial number is on the back at the bottom of the neck on the body on a gold plate. Looks very similiar to this guitar except for the details i said.
                        please help thank you

Considering that all Rhoads look alike, you could have pointed us to any website - or even no website. If it is not the actual unit we are discussing, links do us no good.

But, outside to that -
                        The serial, if original and legitimate, looks like a MIJ serial. But the 1997 date is part of "How to Prove Yourself to be an Idiot: A Guide to Jackson Serial Numbers" - it is not a 1997, nor do Jackson serials work that way.

Comment

• A photo will probably be necessary in this case.
                          My skills have slipped, but that model doesn't ring any bells and I'd guess it could be one of the many dealer exclusive models offered from Musicians Friend etc.
                          A model not released in North America is even possible.

Chances are good that serial is for circa 2006 if the owner bought it new.
                          If he got it used, it may not even be the correct neck plate/serial for that guitar.

Add pic or two of the full guitar on a site such as imgur etc. and copy the link here. You can't post pics directly here.

Comment

• Ok here are pictures of the guitar. Like I said the guy said he bought in 1997. The pick ups are Duncan design.
                            Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyfantastic View Post
                              Like I said the guy said he bought in 1997.
                              And, like we said...

Jackson RR3 limited Run 2007 White with black pinstripes | Evenstevengear | Reverb

Comment

• Dang that is it. you guys are experts at this stuff. Why would the seller lie to me... that's rude.
                                And also is it made in Japan still?

Comment

Working...
                                X