No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Charvel Fusion Custom, see the specs in this big list: https://web.archive.org/web/20180831...rt-guitars.php

Comment

• Hello all

New to the forum. I have deciphered from the FAQ that I believe I have a Jackson dinky js32r possibly? Serial 9908xxxx. So made in 1999? India? I could use some help narrowing down the model, species of wood the body is made of, and what you guys think it's worth?

Specs: Maple neck, really nice rosewood fretboard with offset Dot inlays, 24 frets, reverse headstock with standard Jackson logo, plain black neck plate with serial number( no markings or stickers on the neck or neck pocket), two unlabeled humbuckers, original Floyd Rose, chrome hardware, volume, tone, 3-way switch.
      Last edited by Cory Brockel; 10-11-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Just acquired a Dinky Standard 923503 so 1992? I wonder though how long they made that model though because it disappears from the Jackson price guides as early as 94. There’s another discrepancy with the pickguards and the rear routing. All I’ve ever seen seem to be from 92.
        Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
        My collection also there!

Comment

• Hello everyone, I picked up Jackson Rhoads about 20 years ago (possibly as early as '95 or so)
          I played it til it wouldn't hold its tune, lots of fret damage and the tail piece broke.
          I decided to turn it into a project guitar to learn how to fix and build. I am currently looking to practice scalloping the fret board and when I removed the neck, there was 6 #'s on the guitar.

I was curious if anyone knows where to find these serial #'s or if its a Jackson (maybe even fake) neck on a non Jackson body? No markings on the neck except the logo
          Here's what I know
          originally had a floyd rose special
          22 frets - what seems to be rosewood, not positive but pretty sure
          had 2 passive humbuckers (upgraded to active EMG's and then tore out and replaced with 1 single active EMG w/ 18v wiring)
          was black and the cavities for the tremolo were black as well so pretty sure it was originally black
          1 volume
          1 tone
          no country of origin markings anywhere that i can find
          no markings on neck plate
          #'s on guitar when neck was removed are 980328

tried to upload a few pics but it wont let me.

Thanks for any help you can assist with

Comment

• zachunerfusser, you need to upload your photos to a third party hosting website (https://www.google.com/search?q=Free...obile&ie=UTF-8) and then paste the generated links back here on JCF.

​​​​​​Given your guitar is 20 years old, or even from 1995, neither manufacture date would have had a Floyd Rose Special bridge as standard equipment because the Special model didn't exist until the past decade or so. Would like to see photos of your guitar to confirm the identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              For the Charvel Fusion Custom, see the specs in this big list: https://web.archive.org/web/20180831...rt-guitars.php
              I wish this page was still kept up, i use to use it a lot for info

Comment

• Hi guys.
                Been reading all the awesome info here but still I can't figure out this guitar.
                By the info here it should be the back to japan 2000's production but the owner says it's a 90's guitar. (maybe to get extra bucks from me).
                He's asking for 450$ btw.

Could you give me a hand? Thanks all in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by luria View Post
                  Hi guys.
                  Been reading all the awesome info here but still I can't figure out this guitar.
                  By the info here it should be the back to japan 2000's production but the owner says it's a 90's guitar. (maybe to get extra bucks from me).
                  He's asking for 450$ btw.

Could you give me a hand? Thanks all in advance.

It is a DXMG. Not sure when it was manufactured but 450 feels on the high side IMO.

Comment

• Ty ed.
                    I've been reading some DXMG vs DKMG and the DKMG looks like the ones to search for:

DKMG is better. Alder>Basswood, Active EMGs>Passive, legit LFR> some other Jackson LFR.

I'll pass on this one and wait for some real DKMG to come up.

Thanks!

Comment

• To be fair they both have the same jt-580 trem as far as i am aware and some like emgs and some dont. Also i heard those emg-hzs arent even that bad.

Comment

• The earliest DXMGs had a JT580 trem but subsequent years received the JT580LP (low profile version) trem. The GuitarInside page for DXMG (https://guitarinside.com/Jackson_Dinky_DXMG) suggests this change in hardware except I think the entry has a typographical error since it's listing the JT500 trem as the "early trem" even though it's supposed to be a JT580. To my recollection the DKMG was always equipped with the JT580LP (and never the standard profile JT580). And then of course the DKMGT and DXMGT are non-tremolo versions of both guitars equipped with the JT390 tunomatic bridge and string-thru.

When the MG Series guitars debuted in the 2000s, they were initially equipped with passive EMG-HZ pickups, and certain models (such as the DKMG, DKMGT, DKMGFF, DKMGTFF, and DK27) received the EMG TurboCharger feature. In 2006, the MG Series guitars received active EMGs, and the models with TurboChargers lost this feature.

The construction quality on the DXMG should be the same as the DKMG. Don't consider the DXMG as an inferior guitar (because it's not), but certainly pass on this particular DXMG deal because $450 (I assume American Dollars) is too high unless you really want this guitar. The DKMG and DXMG were made in large numbers in the 2000s so you won't have too much trouble waiting for a better deal. If the TurboCharger is appealing to you, search for a pre-2006 DK. If the TurboCharger doesn't matter to you but you want active EMGs, find any post-2006 model.

Comment

• Hello everybody. I want to buy an old one with a serial

Comment

• 1040266 with bolt-on. What kind of production is this?

Comment

• I have a 2005 DK2 pile o' skulls graphic MIJ
                              Serial #9855882
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

• Hi there!

Its me again, still looking for that (real) DKMG to buy. This seller claims this guitar is a MIJ and reading the info here looks legit but, being 1996 a turbulent year, I'm not sure. He also asks for 500$ (a bit high IMO) but that's the starting point of the negotiation.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by luria; 03-04-2020, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X