• Made in 2010 for neck and body.
    Made in Japan.
    Check the link I posted earlier.

Comment

• Thanks ��

Comment

• Hi,
        I have a Grover Jackson guitar
        , code is seven digits 0510790 Please, could you tell me what the country, year or model is??

Comment

• Japan, '90s, but that's all I have on this one.

They were only sold in Japan.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Hi

I think that i just bought Jackson, but seller didn't know much about it. Dinky with reverse headstock, small offset dots on fingerboard. Serial is 00073098. Basically, 2000 MII JS? Althought i didn't found JS with offset dots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackws06 View Post
              Hi

I think that i just bought Jackson, but seller didn't know much about it. Dinky with reverse headstock, small offset dots on fingerboard. Serial is 00073098. Basically, 2000 MII JS? Althought i didn't found JS with offset dots.
              Looks like a 2000 India serial, though neck plates can be changed along with necks.
              A pic could make it easier to determine if it's all original.
              If you check the '98-2001 catalogues you may find it, or it may be one of those exclusive dealer run models that were popular at the time.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Hi everyone! Found this beauty in one of the online stores. Unfortunately, I'm living in another city, so I'm afraid to order it. Can you tell how bad is she? And it's original or fake? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Found this Jackson locally and just wanting some info on it before I decide to pick it up or not. It's listed for $200, good deal or no?
                  Assuming MIJ cause the sticker, and 98, but just wanted to double check.

Edit: just browsing through the catalogs, maybe a 2001 DXMG? Just wanted to see if it's actually a good deal for $200 and I'm not getting a fake MIJ.

Last edited by dasuchin; 07-13-2019, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• WhitePyke, that Rhoads looks authentic although I don't know what specific Grover Jackson model that is. I'm not as knowledgeable about Grover Jacksons and JacksonStars as I am about the international market Jacksons. I wonder why the headstock logo is missing. Bare wood suggests the owner sanded everything off the face of the headstock.

dasuchin, $200 is a great price for a pre-2006 Jackson DXMG. Everything looks fine about the guitar. Get it if you can.

Comment

• Hello. I have a Jackson with a bolt on serial number 9688359 and a made in Japan sticker. Is this a Soloist model? Made in 1998? It was given to my by my brother and I’m trying to figure out what model it is and it’s value. Any help is much appreciated!

Comment

• Brando23, can you describe the specs of the guitar in more detail? What you're describing is likely a Dinky model, but there were several variants of Dinky guitars made in Japan that have that 7-digit serial number format. Could be a DK2, DK2T, DK2FF, DK2S, DK2FS, DX10D, DR3, DKMG, DKMGT, DXMG, DXMGT, maybe more that I'm missing. (Dinky = bolt-neck, Soloist = neckthru) The real way to verify the date of manufacture is to disassemble the neck from the body and look for the date stamps on the neck heel and neck pocket.

Better yet, post photos and we can visually identify. Choose any free image host (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind...31.IZOK4dHT1pU), register for an account if required, upload your images there, copy the generated links, and paste the links back here on JCF in your next reply.

Comment

• Number Of The Priest, thank you for the reply!! I’ve been researching this thing for for hours online and just recently come to find out that, at least I’m pretty sure, it is a Dinky. It has the bolt neck. I know nothing about guitars, I’ve learned a lot today though. This has a HH pickup configuration, chrome Floyd Rose bridge, Tremolo is missing, has three chrome knobs, 3 way selector switch, and another switch I think is a booster, pearl shark fin inlays, pretty sure it’s a reverse. The finish is a red color. Is this a DK2? Any idea of the value on a guitar like this? https://photos.app.goo.gl/4EM4t5eRnrC8cdpa6

Comment

• https://photos.app.goo.gl/odb9aTJBk5svDQrh8
                            So I took the neck off the body found the date stamp. Thanks for that bit of advice. 2002 12 18 & 2002 12 19 date stamps and DX10FS I’m guessing is the model number.

Comment

• Technically DX10DFS (note the extra D) is the correct model number.

The boost is a Seymour Duncan Firestorm. Firestorm = the FS part of the guitar's model name.

The non-FS version came in two variants. There was the DX10 (dot inlays) and the DX10D (sharkfin inlays). Hence why your guitar is a DX10DFS (sharkfins with Firestorm). I don't believe they ever made a Firestorm version that had dot inlays.

As for value, it is not uncommon for buyers to find this era of Japanese Jacksons well under USD$300. It's a buyer's market. If you were trying to sell, you might do well to get a few hundred more. The DX10DFS was one of the more seldom seen, likely less produced Dinky models during this time period.

I love how you said "I know nothing about guitars" and then proceed to list off all the specs and competently disassemble the neck from the body. Nice to see the date on the neck and body just one day apart.
                              Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 07-15-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Hi all, Got a Charvel Fusion Custom, serial 324662. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X