Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd go with ATX.

The Japanese DK3 had neck/headstock binding and didn't have an archtop. It was essentially a DK2 but with an HSH pickup layout.

Comment

• I don't think all DK3s had binding, though. But, yeah, it's more in line with the ATX.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Thanks for that guys! Using that info i managed to find an old page on this site.

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/10...nfo-Help-(ATX)

Looks like he has the Trans Red version. I am in Aus so it is likely that limited run. Has some good info there also.

"The reason you won't find the ATX in any catalogues, is that it wasn't part of the regular model program. The AT-X was part of a small series of guitars that were only sold in Europe, New Zeeland, and Australia, in limited quantities. The series also included the DR-X, the RR-X, and the KE-X, and around here we sometimes refer to them as "The Euro-X Series". You won't find them in any catalogues or other official material, and all we know about them we've found out from dealer ads and other users online.

The guitars were built in japan (probably between 1998 and 1999), and the build quality is just as good as any other japanese built import from the same era. The trem is the Jackson JT-580LP. Confirmed finish options include Metallic Black, Trans Red, Trans Green and Trans Purple. I think there was also Metallic Red and a couple of other finishes, but of that I'm unsure. Scale length is 25.5" (a.k.a. "Strat scale"). Body wood is poplar (tonally very close to Alder), and the pickups are junk (I think the humbuckers are called J-65 or some such thing), with very flubby bottom end definition."

He was pretty definite it was around early to mid 90's when he got it though so not sure it was only 98-99.

Comment

• Hi everyone, new to this forum, but I've got a question.

I've just found a Jackson guitar, probably bought used circa 1996-1997. It says "Performer" on the head, but there is no indication on the truss-rod cover, no "PS-x". It has a non-reverse head, 24 frets, dot inlays. The body is a Dinky Style (ie 7/8th Strat) with black pickguard. Pickups are HSH setup, Jackson stock pickups. Serial number is : "5000752". There is a Jackson Floyd Rose too.

Do you have any details about this guitar ?

Thank you !

Comment

• Sounds like a PS1, but the serial is odd.
            Are you in Asia?
            Can you post pics to a site such as imgur and copy the links here?
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Hi,

No, I live in France. The guitar was bought used by my uncle circa 1996, but I don't know where it came from, I don't have any information about its former life !
              Here are some photos in my Google Drive :

Serial Number : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zDn...ew?usp=sharing

Guitar : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEc...ew?usp=sharing

You can see that there is no "PS-1" written on the truss rod cover. I tried to flip it, but there is just nothing...

Comment

• It's almost certainly an early PS1, no doubt from '95...first year for Performers. I wouldn't be concerned about the blank truss. It's possible it was a factory mistake, or the very early models may not have had logo'd covers.

I'm a serial fiend, and this is the first Korean serial I've seen beginning with anything other than a 1 or 0.
                That, too, may be a factory mistake, or the very early models may've been different than 0 or 1.

It's also a possibility the European market may've had different serials at one point. One can only guess.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Brand new to this forum, but I'm trying to figure out info about my guitar. I bought it back in 2012 i believe and i know this isn't an appraisal site, but I'm trying to figure out how much this things worth. I've searched for a while and haven't seen another one with this neck style. Any help would be greatly appreciated

pics are here: https://imgur.com/a/uBu6Q8T

Comment

• Originally posted by Madixx View Post
                    Brand new to this forum, but I'm trying to figure out info about my guitar. I bought it back in 2012 i believe and i know this isn't an appraisal site, but I'm trying to figure out how much this things worth. I've searched for a while and haven't seen another one with this neck style. Any help would be greatly appreciated

pics are here: https://imgur.com/a/uBu6Q8T
                    Welcome. That's a Guitar Center exclusive Shuriken model. Page 15 in this catalog. http://editiondigital.net/publication/?i=75064

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      It's almost certainly an early PS1, no doubt from '95...first year for Performers. I wouldn't be concerned about the blank truss. It's possible it was a factory mistake, or the very early models may not have had logo'd covers.

I'm a serial fiend, and this is the first Korean serial I've seen beginning with anything other than a 1 or 0.
                      That, too, may be a factory mistake, or the very early models may've been different than 0 or 1.

It's also a possibility the European market may've had different serials at one point. One can only guess.
                      Right, thanks for all these informations !
                      Did these factory mistakes use to happen currently ?

Comment

• Factory mistakes weren't common, but there are plenty of examples of them.

Comment

• Thank you Toejam!

Comment

• You're welcome.

Comment

• Hello, I am a new owner of a used Jackson, which may be a new Jackson later.
                              I have what appears to be a DXMG, in gun metal gray with the SN: 9816698.
                              But the headstock isn't reversed, I have seen signs it may be a DK2M as well, but it has EMG-HZ passive pickups.
                              I'm pretty sure it's pre 2010 by the serial, I could be wrong though.
                              It certainly doesn't sound, play or feel like a "cheap" guitar though.
                              I saw a Charvel Rhodes model in the same pawn shop that I'm going to have a closer look at too.
                              Thanks in advance
                              Last edited by FrumiousBandersnatch; 10-26-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Adding serial number and date to the database.
                                DXMG
                                Body: Double cut out super strat, Black, Alder or Basswood (not sure which)
                                Neck: maple bolt-on, rosewood fretboard, white binding, pearl shark fin fretboard inlays, reverse black painted headstock, 'Jackson' logo
                                Electronics: dual EMG-HZ humbucker pickups, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way selector switch
                                Hardware: black
                                Tremolo - JT500 DLT
                                Serial number: 9739769
                                Body date code: 8/2/2005
                                Neck date code: 8/23/2005
                                Body and neck ink stamped with 'DXMG'
                                Made in Japan

Looking at archived catalogs and price lists to compare features and specifications, this looks to be a 2006 model guitar.
                                Last edited by 405HP_Z06; 11-25-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X